• Vehicle sales up 3.6% vs. November 2010, the current U.S. record
• With 104,906 vehicles already sold in 2011, Audi tops previous annual sales record of 101,629 set at the end of last year
• Sales of the redesigned Audi A6 luxury models were up 69.8% in the month
HERNDON, VA — Audi today reported its 11th straight record-setting month of sales for the year with 9,700 vehicles sold in November 2011, a 3.6% increase over the previous all-time record set a year earlier. Year-to-date sales ended the month up 15.2% with 104,906 vehicles sold, topping the previous annual U.S. sales record of 101,629 set at the end of last year.
“Having achieved our all-time sales record with a month to spare, we’re confident that the Audi momentum story will continue well into 2012,” said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. “Consumers clearly are responding to Audi’s superior product, unmatched engineering and progressive luxury positioning.”
Sales of the all-new Audi A6, one of the brand’s most technologically advanced models, surged 69.8% to 1,379 vehicles sold in November 2011. Also up significantly were sales of the Audi A8, the brand’s flagship sedan, up 38.4% increase over the same period last year.
Other highlights include:
– 2012 Audi A7 sustains momentum with 631 vehicles sold.
– Audi TT sales up 115.8% vs. November 2010, bolstered by increased demand for the Audi TT coupe and TT roadster, with 1,404 and 616 models sold YTD, respectively.
– Audi Q7 sales up 16.0% YTD, compared to 2010.
– Sales of Audi Q5 increased 3.5% in November.
Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finished the month at 54.8% for the A3 TDI, 35.9% for the Q7 TDI.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales of 2,688 vehicles mark the best November on record and the ninth-consecutive record month. YTD Audi CPO sales of 33,853 signify an annual sales record for Audi, eclipsing the previous record of 32,108 vehicles sold in 2008.
For the record-setting month of November 2011, three Audi models recorded YTD sales increases of over 25.0%, including the Audi A8, the Audi R8 and the Audi TT model range.