- 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
- Volkswagen Golf 7 and GTI Concept First Impressions
- Volkswagen ‘Unleash Your RRRR’ Campaign Allows Users to Drive A Virtual Golf R with Sound of Voice
– Jetta Hybrid starts at $24,995*, with SE priced from $26,990
– Most fuel-efficient Jetta in the lineup with manufacturer estimated combined fuel economy of 45 mpg**
– World’s first hybrid to use a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission
– Fastest compact hybrid in its class with an estimated 0-60 mph of less than 9.0 seconds
– Drives as a full EV at speeds of up to 44 mph
– Premium features include LED taillights and Daytime Running Lights, plus Bi-Xenon headlights
– Jetta range now extended to five different powertrains, providing a German-engineered compact sedan for everyone
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the 2013 Jetta Hybrid, expected to be the most fuel-efficient Jetta in the lineup. Powered by an all-new, high-tech, 1.4-liter turbocharged and direct-injected TSI® engine mated to a zero-emissions electric motor, the Jetta Hybrid has a combined output of 170 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. The innovative powertrain also features a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The Jetta Hybrid can be driven in pure electric mode at speeds of up to 44 mph and for a distance of up to 1.2 miles, depending on operating conditions. With a manufacturer estimated combined fuel economy of 45 miles per gallon** and a 0-60 mph time of less than 9.0 seconds, this newest addition to the Jetta family demonstrates that being fuel-efficient doesn’t have to come at the cost of performance or fun. The Jetta Hybrid will be available starting at $24,995* and will go on sale in the last quarter of 2012.
The 2013 Jetta Hybrid model range:
Hybrid (available by order only)
The Hybrid trim has an MSRP of $24,995. Standard equipment includes a 1.4-liter turbocharged TSI engine; 27-hp electric motor; seven-speed dual-clutch DSG automatic transmission; front and rear disc brakes; Daytime Running Lights; power and heated exterior mirrors;15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with all-season tires; rear spoiler and rear diffuser; unique grille; hybrid badging on front, sides and rear; power windows with one-touch up/down; hybrid interior accents; six-way manually adjustable front seats; Climatronic automatic climate-control; Bluetooth technology; auxiliary input jack; trip computer; RCD 310 radio with CD player and six speakers; leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel; 60/40 folding rear seat; tilt/telescoping steering wheel column; temperature display; and front, side and Side Curtain Protection airbags.
The 2013 Jetta Hybrid SE starts at $26,990. In addition to all of the equipment offered on the Hybrid trim, it adds: LED taillights; power recline front seats; Media-Device Interface (MDI) and iPod cable; Premium VIII touchscreen radio with color energy flow display in center console; SiriusXM® Satellite Radio; and keyless access with push-button start.
The Hybrid SEL has an MSRP of $29,325 and features 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with all-season tires; a power tilt and slide sunroof; RNS 315 radio and navigation; heated front washer nozzles; heated front seats; and a six-way power driver’s seat.
Hybrid SEL Premium
The Hybrid SEL Premium retails for $31,180. Compared to the Hybrid with Navigation, it adds Bi-Xenon headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights and the Active Front-Lighting System (AFS); foglights with cornering light; 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with all-season tires; the Fender® Premium Audio System with subwoofer; and a rearview camera.
All prices exclude destination charges of $795 per vehicle.
*Available by order only
**Manufacturer estimate of fuel economy only; EPA results may vary