- International Engine of the Year Award 2014: TSI Technology a Serial Winner
- Beetle Dune Going to Production?
- Volkswagen Now a Member of the Google-Based Open Automotive Alliance (OAA)
Starting this July, Volkswagen of America will be offering a new Premium Package option for the Beetle. The package will be only be offered on Beetle Coupe and Convertible models with 1.8 TSI or TDI Clean Diesel power and includes options only found previously on the Beetle R-Line. Highlights include Climatronic Automatic Climate Control, larger wheels (18″ Disc on TDI and 19″ Torando on 1.8 TSI), grey door sills and mirror caps, rain-sensing wipers and RNS 510 with Navigation among others. The Beetle with Premium Package will start at $27,355 for a 1.8 TSI Coupe.
Read the full release below.
Starting in July, consumers looking to get into a 2014 Beetle will have a new option to consider: the Premium Package. This range-topping package—exclusively offered on Coupe and Convertible trims equipped with a 1.8T or TDI® Clean Diesel engine—offers features new to the Beetle, as well as equipment previously only available on the Beetle R-Line trim. Specifically:
- Bi-Xenon automatic headlights (auto feature is new to Beetle)
- Sport suspension (1.8T)
- Grey door sills and mirror caps
- R-Line bumpers with foglights
- 18” Disc wheels in Galvano Grey (TDI)
- 19” Torando wheels in White (1.8T)
- Climatronic Automatic Climate Control (new to Beetle)
- RNS 510 with navigation and satellite radio (new to Beetle)
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers (new to Beetle)
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Unique seating surfaces with leather inserts
- Fender® Sound System
- iPhone® 5 cradle (new to Beetle)
- Contrast stitching
- Three exterior color options: Oryx White, Platinum Gray, Deep Black
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2014 Beetle Coupe with Premium Package comes in at $27,355 with the 1.8T engine, and $29,355 with the TDI. For those who want to feel the wind in their hair, a 2014 Beetle Coupe Convertible with Premium Package is $30,755 (1.8T) and $32,755 (TDI). All prices exclude destination and handling ($820).