- Volkswagen Golf R – First Official Photos and Information
- IAA 2013 – Volkswagen E-Golf and E-Up to Debut
- e-Golf First Drive
- Best-ever August and year-to-date results for Passat and TDI® Clean Diesels
- Best August and year-to-date for Passat with 10,194 and 76,364 units, respectively
- Jetta Sedan delivered 13,508 units for the month
- Tiguan delivered 2,948 units, marking the best August and year-to-date ever
- High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 30.4 percent of sales in August and 24.3 percent of sales year-to-date, the best August and year-to-date results on record
- Passat TDI sales reach 43.8 percent of mix with 4,470 units representing the best August and year-to-date results ever
- Volkswagen’s August sales total 40,342 units, representing a 1.6 percent decrease versus the prior year
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 40,342 units delivered in August, representing the third month the brand has surpassed 40,000 units over the past 40 years.
“We had a stellar month with our TDI clean diesels, demonstrating that more consumers are appreciating real world benefits of these advanced engines,” said Jonathan Browning, president and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America. “Overall, we are pleased to see that demand for the brand remains strong and selling over 40,000 vehicles for the month is an accomplishment our employees and dealers can be proud of. As we transition to 2014 Model Year vehicles, we are encouraged that the lineup brings a host of new features and added customer value with the launch of the new 1.8 and 2.0 TSI engines, Car-Net connectivity system and the expansion of our sporty R-line models.”
The Chattanooga-built Passat continued to show strong results with 10,194 units delivered, an increase of 3 percent. In August the Passat TDI, the only clean diesel in the midsize sedan segment delivered 4,470 clean diesels, representing 43.8 percent of its sales mix.
Total Jetta deliveries (including SportWagen) for August accounted for 16,280 units, up 5.4 percent for the year. The Jetta Turbo Hybrid continues to attract consumer interest with 712 deliveries in August.
Total Beetle deliveries for August were 4,921 units, a 42.6 percent increase versus the prior year. In August, the Beetle was named a 2013 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, joining eight other Volkswagens that previously received the coveted award. In addition, last month Volkswagen celebrated the production of10 million cars at its Volkswagen de México manufacturing facility in Puebla, Mexico. The 10- millionth car was a Volkswagen Beetle GSR®, a limited edition, 1970s-inspired Beetle that goes on sale this month. The 2014 Beetle GSR is a retro-themed yellow and black model inspired by the “Yellow Black Racer” of the 1970s. The GSR features the new EA888 turbocharged and direct-injection 2.0-liter TSI® engine, giving it more power, torque and better fuel economy. Only 3,500 of the special edition Beetle GSRs were built globally.
The Tiguan had the best August ever with 2,948 units sold; this also marks the best year-to-date with 20,744 units. Total sales of the Golf (including Golf R and GTI) were 3,010 units. The Touareg sold 705 units.
Volkswagen’s high-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 30.4 percent of sales in August marking the best month ever for TDI sales and 24.3 percent year-to-date.