– December sales total 34,015 units, second best December since 1972 –
– For the first time in 40 years company delivers over 400,000 vehicles in back-to-back years-
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models account for 17.8 percent in December, 23.5 of sales in 2013 and selling 95,823 units for the year, the best year on record
• Chattanooga-built Passat sold 9,254 units in December; 109,652 units for the year
• Jetta Sedan sales total 13,719 units in December; 141,259 year-to-date
• 2013 Beetle and Beetle Convertible achieved 2,819 units in December; 43,134 units for the year
Herndon, Va., January 3, 2014 – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 407,704 units delivered in 2013. December deliveries totaled 34,015.
Volkswagen’s high-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models totaled 95,823 units for the year accounting for 23.5 percent of sales in 2013 and 17.8 percent in December. Since 2,000, Volkswagen of America has delivered over 500,000 TDI® Clean Diesel vehicles.
“Volkswagen is now operating at a new plateau, delivering over 400,000 units for the second consecutive year in over 40 years,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America, Inc. “We look forward to 2014, with the introduction of the new Golf family, continued increased awareness and enthusiasm for the brand’s core models and the strength of our TDI offerings, we are well positioned for our next phase of growth to come over the next few years.”