– September sales total 31,920 units
– High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 24.4 percent of sales in September and 24.3 percent of sales year-to-date, the best September and year-to-date results on record
– Passat TDI sales reach 35.2 percent of mix with 2,784 units, best September results ever
– Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 7,900 for the month
– Jetta Sedan delivered 11,454 units for the month
– Tiguan delivered 2,406 units, marking the best September and best year-to-date ever
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 31,920 units delivered in September and 314,833 units year-to-date, down 2.6 percent year-to-date.
“While September was an expectedly tough month for the industry, Volkswagen is seeing some stability as we are consistently pacing at a solid level of performance for the second year in a row, a level we haven’t seen in 40 years,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “As we enter the last quarter of the year, I’m confident we can maintain this pace as our product mix improves and we increase the availability of our 2014 model year vehicles.”
The Chattanooga-built Passat continues as a core model with 7,900 units delivered. In September the Passat TDI, the only clean diesel in the midsize sedan segment delivered 2,784 clean diesels, representing 35.2 percent of its sales mix. The Good Housekeeping Research Institute named the Passat TDI Clean Diesel the “Most Fuel Efficient Family-Friendly Sedan,” stating “For the driver aiming to be eco-conscious as well as budget-minded about fuel, this Volkswagen is a perfect fit.”
Total Jetta deliveries (including SportWagen) for September accounted for 13,309 units. The Jetta Turbo Hybrid continues to attract consumer interest with 887 deliveries in September, a 7.7 percent increase. Total Beetle deliveries for September were 3,554 units, a 35.5 percent increase versus the prior year. The Tiguan had the best September ever with 2,406 units sold, this also marks the best year-to-date sales for the vehicle. Total sales of the Golf (including Golf R and GTI) were 2,127 units. The Touareg sold 658 units.
Volkswagen’s high-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 24.4 percent of sales in September marking the best month ever for TDI sales and 24.3 percent year-to-date.