- Volkswagen Group Makes A Good Start to 2014
- VIdeo: Golf R Wagon Lapping the Nürburgring
- Volkswagen XL1 Claims Top Accolade in Designs of the Year Awards
Volkswagen has announced that they will be offering new R-Line packages for the third generation Scirocco and new Golf Variant overseas, including a R-Line Sport Package for the Golf Variant with a Sports Suspension and Progressive Steering. While we can officially file this under potential OEM+ modifications for future Golf Wagon owners here in the US, it does open up the possibility that something similar will make its way across the Atlantic in production form. We will continue to pass along updates on the Golf Wagon as they become available.
Read the full Release below.
The range for the Golf Variant and the new Scirocco will be expanded with new R-Line packages. The designed by Volkswagen R equipment packages underline the dynamism and sporty appearance of the models. Effective immediately, the R -Line “Exterior” package and the R-Line ‘interior’ pack are optional order. For the Golf Variant is additionally the R-Line “Sport Package ” available .
The R-Line ” Exterior” package for the Golf Variant emphasizes the striking appearance of the vehicle The following services are part of the package scope:
- R-Line front and rear bumpers in R styling
- R-Line specific ventilation grille black, shiny
- Radiator grille with R- Line logo
- R-Line specific flared sills
- Sporty painted diffuser for single and twin exhaust tailpipes , black
- Fog lights
- Vertical rear spoiler
The package is available for the trim levels Highline at a price of 1,055 euros and Comfortline at a price of 1,240 euros.
The R-Line “Sports Package” gives the Golf Variant a particularly dynamic driving experience. The package includes:
- Sports suspension
- progressive Steering
- Tinted rear window and rear side windows
The R-Line “Sports Package” will cost 435 euros and is available for all equipment lines of the Golf Variant available.
The new Scirocco with its typical for a sports coupe lines already adds to the sporty standards. With the R-Line equipment packages, the sporting character is emphasized more strongly.
The main content of the R-Line ” Exterior” package are:
- 18” alloy wheel “Salvador ” in Grey Metallic
- R-Line front and rear bumpers in the “R” styling
- Ventilation grille as design elements in the rear area
- Grille painted black with ” R-Line ” logo
- Flared sills in the “R” styling
- Rear spoiler in the “R” styling
- Fog lights
The package is available at a price of 2,060 euros.
The highlights from the R-Line ” interior ” package for the Scirocco:
- Upholstery in fabric with ” R-Line ” logo design “Race”, cheek insides in Alcantara, with decorative stitching in Crystal Grey
- Headlining black
- Inlays “Carbon Touch”
- Radio panel , steering wheel and door pull handles decor in “Piano Black”
- Leather sports steering wheel with “R -Line” logo in the steering wheel insert
- Pedals in stainless steel
- Sill plates in aluminum with ” R-Line ” logo
The “interior” package is available at a price of 845 euros. Additionally, the leather trim “Vienna” for the R -Line “interior” package at a price of 2,195 euros will be offered.