- Dr. Christian Dahlheim Named President and CEO of VW Credit, Inc.
- Volkswagen Cuts Toyota’s Lead as World’s Largest Automaker to 30,000 Units
- World Cup Advertisers Kia, Volkswagen Had Greatest Influence On Car Shoppers
The Volkswagen Group of America has announced that four group employees will be speakers at the 2014 Center for Automotive Research Management Briefing Seminar. Hubertus Lemke, Head of Technical Project Management in Volkswagen’s R&D division, Joerg Schlinkheider, Head of Driver Assistance Systems at Audi of America’s Electronics Research Laboratory, Oliver Schmidt, GM, Engineering and Environmental Office at Volkswagen Group of America and Chuhee Lee, GM of Engineering and Operations at Volkswagen Group of America Electronics Research Lab will be on hand to speak to over 900 automotive industry stakeholders on a number of topics.
Check out the full Press Release below.
HERNDON, VA (July 30, 2014) – Hubertus Lemke, Head of Technical Project Management in Volkswagen’s Research & Development Division, Volkswagen AG, will join automotive industry leaders to kick off the 2014 Center for Automotive Research (CAR) Management Briefing Seminars (MBS) at its keynote session on Monday, Aug. 4. The premier automotive conference is taking place Aug. 4–7 in Traverse City, Mich.
Moderated by event chair Dr. Jay Baron, President and CEO, Center for Automotive Research, the keynote session, “Mapping the Pathway to World-Class Manufacturing,” will focus on the power and influence of the automotive manufacturing industry.
The session will showcase new product and process technologies, and feature discussions on manufacturing excellence as well as advanced vehicle technologies that support fuel economy, safety and performance. Lemke will be speaking to Volkswagen’s Modular Transverse Kit and its rollout with the new GTI and Golf in the United States.
Below is a full list of the Volkswagen Group’s -panelists for the 2014 CAR Management Briefing Seminars.
“Mapping the Pathway to World-Class Manufacturing”
Monday, August 4, 2014, 8AM–Noon
- Hubertus Lemke, Head of Technical Project Management in Volkswagen’s Research & Development Division, Volkswagen AG
- Topic: MQB – Volkswagen’s Modular Transverse Kit on the rollout with the new GTI and Golf in the U.S.
“Connected and Automated Vehicles: Driving Forward Fast”
Monday, August 4, 2014, 1–4:30PM
- Joerg Schlinkheider, Head of Driver Assistance Systems, Electronics Research Laboratory, Audi of America, Inc.
“Advanced Powertrain Forum”
Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 8AM–Noon
- Oliver Schmidt, General Manager, Engineering and Environmental Office, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
- Topic: Volkswagen Group of America Launches Holistic Approach to Sustainable Mobility – the Carbon-Neutral Car
“Designing for Technology and the Customer”
Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 1:15–4:30PM
- Chuhee Lee, General Manager, Engineering and Operations, Electronic Research Lab, Volkswagen Group of America
- Topic: Volkswagen Group of America: Redefining the Connected Vehicle Experience
More than 900 automotive industry stakeholders are expected to attend the conference this year. Seminar topics include a breadth of industry issues, including global manufacturing strategies, lightweighting, connected and autonomous vehicles, powertrain developments, sales forecasting, purchasing, talent, designing for technology, and global supply chain.
For additional information on the CAR’s Management Briefing Seminars, please visit www.cargroup.org/mbs. Follow #MBS2014 on Twitter for the latest conference updates.
Follow @VWnews for the latest MBS updates from Volkswagen.