- Classified Find – Rare 1982 Quantum Coupe
- Volkswagen Returning to SuperBowl Commercial Fray
- Volkswagen Polo WRC Launch Video
- Company delivers over twice the volume sold in 2009, best calendar year since 1973 –
- December sales total 44,005 units, a 35.4 percent increase and the best December since 1970 –
• Brand achieves a 35.1 percent increase with 438,133 units delivered and 28 consecutive months of growth
• Chattanooga-built Passat, sold 117,023 units, its best year ever and a 413.7 percent increase versus 2011; 14,462 units in December
• Jetta Sedan sales total 13,102 units in December and 146,478 year-to-date
• 2012 Beetle achieved 3,182 units in December
• Golf up 15.9 percent, Tiguan up 22.1 percent and Touareg up 40.1 percent versus 2011.
• High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 20.6 percent of sales in 2012 and 16.7 percent in December
Herndon, VA, January 3, 2013 – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 438,133 units delivered in 2012, a 35.1 percent increase over prior year sales. December deliveries totaled 44,005, up 35.4 percent over 2011, marking the best December since 1970.
“2012 marked another successful year of growth for Volkswagen of America,” said Jonathan Browning, President and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “The Volkswagen brand delivered another important step in our long-term growth plan. 2012 marked the third consecutive year of significant double-digit growth rates and we more than doubled our volume of 2009. With the addition of the all-new Jetta Turbo Hybrid, Beetle Convertible and our strong dealer network, we expect to continue to outpace the industry in 2013.”
The Chattanooga-built Volkswagen Passat, continues to demonstrate its strong appeal in the market with 14,462 units sold in December and 117,023 for the year, marking its best sales ever.
Powered by Facebook Comments