- Best-ever July and year-to-date results for Passat and TDI® Clean Diesels -
- Best July and year-to-date for Passat with 10,051 and 66,170, units respectively
- Jetta Sedan delivered strong results in July with 11, 078 units sold
- Total Beetle units in July up 85.1 percent with 5,256 units delivered
- High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 29.9 percent of sales in July and 23.3 percent of sales year-to-date, the best July and year-to-date results on record
- Passat TDI sales reach 39.8 percent of mix with 3,997 units representing the best July and year-to-date results ever
- Volkswagen’s July sales total 35,779 units, representing a 3.3 percent decrease versus the prior year
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 35,779 units delivered in July, a 3.3 percent decrease over prior year sales and a 1.3 percent year-to-date decrease versus the prior year.
“We continue to see a healthy demand for the Volkswagen brand, despite the fact that we are entering a period of consolidated growth as we phase out 2013 Model Year vehicles,” said Mark McNabb, Chief Operating Officer, Volkswagen of America, Inc. “While we remain cautious in terms of the economic outlook, we are confident in the strength of our product offerings, particularly as we gear up for the 2014 Model Year introductions which bring a host of new innovations to the market.”
The Chattanooga-built Passat continued to show strong results with 10,051 units delivered an increase of 11.6 percent. The Passat, which celebrated its 40th year of global production in July, continues to demonstrate its strength in the marketplace as it was recently awarded the most appealing Midsize Car in the J.D. Power 2013 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study. This is the second year in a row that the Passat has ranked highest in the hotly contested mid-size sedan segment. Nearly 40 percent of the Passat’s sold in July were TDI® Clean Diesels.
Total Jetta deliveries (including SportWagen) for July accounted for 13,388 units. The Jetta Turbo Hybrid continues to attract consumer interest with 417 deliveries in July.
Total Beetle deliveries for July were 5,256 units, an 85.1 percent increase versus the prior year. This month, the 1970’s-inspired, limited-edition Beetle GSR will hit dealer showrooms. The Beetle GSR will also feature the EA888 turbocharged and direct-injection 2.0-liter TSI® engine, giving the vehicle more power, more torque and better fuel economy.
Total sales of the Golf (including Golf R and GTI) were 2,666 units. The Volkswagen GTI, ranked highest in the Compact Sporty Car segment in the J.D. Power 2013the APEAL Study.
The Tiguan and Touareg sold 2,270 and 603 units respectively.
Volkswagen’s high-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 29.9 percent of sales in July, and 23.3 percent year-to-date, the best July and year-to-date results ever.