- Company reports a 35 percent increase year-to-date and 102,228 units ahead of last year’s pace –
• Best November since 1973 with 36,728 units sold and a 29.3 percent increase over the prior year
• Brand achieves a 35 percent increase year-to-date and 27 consecutive months of year-on-year growth
• Best November and year-to-date ever for Passat and Tiguan with 10,544 and 2,815 units sold respectively
• Jetta Sedan achieved sales of 11,977 units
• High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 21 percent of year-to-date sales
Herndon, VA, December 3. 2012 – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 36,728 units delivered in November, a 29.3 percent increase over prior year sales, a 35 percent year-to-date increase and the best November since 1973.
“November was again a strong month for Volkswagen with a sales increase of over 29 percent on the heels of the global debut of the all-new Beetle Convertible at the LA Auto Show,” said Jonathan Browning, President and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “Significantly, the brand is now more than 100,000 units ahead of where we were this time last year. This is a testament to the appeal of our affordable German engineered vehicles and the strength of our dealer network.”
The Volkswagen Passat, recently named a 2013 Best Buy by Consumer Guide Automotive, continues to demonstrate its momentum in the market with 10,544 units sold.
Jetta sedan, including the enthusiast GLI model, remains the volume leader for Volkswagen with sales totaling 11,977. The Jetta Turbo Hybrid, which received EPA ratings of 42 mpg city, 48 mpg highway for a combined mileage of 45 mpg, will soon be added to the Jetta sedan line-up.
Powered by Facebook Comments