- 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
- Volkswagen Golf 7 and GTI Concept First Impressions
- Volkswagen of America Reports August Sales
– Best September since 1972 with 36,339 units sold and a 37.2 percent increase year-to-date –
– 25 consecutive months of year-on-year growth
– Best September ever for Passat and Tiguan with 9,500 and 2,202 units sold, respectively
– Best September for Beetle since 2003
– Best September for Golf since 2007
– Jetta Sedan achieved sales of 12,584 units
– High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 23.9 percent of sales in September.
Herndon, VA – Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 36,339 units sold in September, a 34.4 percent increase over prior year sales, a 37.2 percent increase year-to-date and the best September since 1972.
“Tracking over a 37 percent increase year-to-date is a strong proof point that our products are on more shopping lists and gaining acceptance in the market,” said Jonathan Browning, President and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “As we enter the fourth quarter of the year, we expect to continue our pattern of outperforming the industry.”
As Volkswagen positions itself for continued growth, supporting the dealers and their infrastructure is essential. The company will announce the launch of a dealer career recruiting website, www.vwdealercareers.com, creating a portal linking jobseekers to the over 600 VW dealers across the country. Available positions range widely from sales and service consultants to finance managers, with technicians being the most sought after candidates by VW dealers nationwide.
The Volkswagen Passat, which recently came in first place in Motor Trend’s 2012-2013 Midsize Sedan Comparison test, continued its successful year with 9,500 units sold in September. Earlier this month the Passat topped its best sales year ever in just nine months of the year.
Jetta sedan, including the enthusiast GLI model, remains the volume leader for Volkswagen with sales totaling 12,584 while Jetta SportWagen totaled 2,166. The Jetta turbo hybrid, which will go on sale this month, recently achieved a Land Speed Record at Bonneville, posting 185 mph, a record speed for hybrid vehicles.
The Beetle continues to gain momentum with 2,622 units sold. The Beetle TDI, sold 167 units, further highlighting customer demand for Volkswagen’s Clean Diesel TDI technology.
The Golf had sales of 3,250 units. The Tiguan sold 2,202 units, the best September ever for the vehicle, while the Volkswagen Touareg sold 828 units, a 26.2 percent increase.