- Golf 7 R Spy Photos Part 2
- Volkswagen Golf 7 Launch Event Video
- Volkswagen Golf 7 – First Official Photos
Volkswagen AG has announced the availability of the Beetle R-Line. Similar to Audi’s S-line, the R-line package is a series of cosmetic upgrades to the exterior and interior. Exterior enhancements include an all-new front bumper replacement, diffuser at rear, body color-keyed side moldings, R-Line badges and different wheels. Inside there are contrast fabric panels on the sport seats, R-Line embroidery on the head rests, contrast stitching on the steering wheel, hand brake and shift boot and dash inlays that appear to be an dark grey color.
No official word on whether VWoA plans to offer to the R-Line Beetle here other than “it is under consideration”. We wouldn’t be surprised to see it some time in the future. The full Volkswagen AG Press release follows below…
Volkswagen now offers two R-Line packages for the Beetle that are based on the top “Sport” version: an exterior package and an interior package. The exterior package may be ordered separately, while the interior package is always offered as an extension of the R-Line exterior details.
Volkswagen R GmbH has created the independent and sporty R-Line options which can be combined with any of the twelve Beetle colours. Parts of the exterior package are:
- Front bumpers with independent black grained air inlets and chrome surrounds for the directional indicators
- diffuser at the rear
- special body side panels and door mirror housings in body colour
- R-Line logos on the front body beneath the A-pillars
- 18-inch “Twister” alloy wheels
- Machine-polished 19-inch “Tornado” alloy wheels may be selected as an option in black or white with 235/40 tyres
The R-Line interior package includes:
- sport seat system with seats upholstered with an active-breathing fabric in “Kyalami” design
- front head restraints with R-Line badge
- leather-trimmed sport steering wheel, the gear shift lever boot and the handbrake grip with decorative seams in “Art Grey”
- decorative inlays in “Dark Vanadium”
As an option, the seats may be ordered in black leather (“Vienna”) with
R-Line badges on the head restraints as well as on the door sill plates and the leather-trimmed sport steering wheel. The Beetle Sport is available with a 1.4 TSI (118 kW/160 PS), 2.0 TSI (147 kW/200 PS) or 2.0 TDI (103 kW/140 PS). The additional price for the R-Line exterior package is available at € 1,290, and when the interior package is included the price starts at € 1,675.
To see what others are saying about this article or
to tell us what you think, check out the comments here...