- Touareg X Special Edition
- Twin up! Concept Shown At Tokyo Motor Show
- Volkswagen Showing CrossBlue Coupe Concept at LA
Sydney, November 28th 2007. The National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council (NMVTRC) has recognised the following Volkswagen models as Australia’s most secure vehicles in their respective class or category.
• small car category — the Volkswagen Polo, 5-door Hatch
• The people mover category — the Volkswagen Multivan
• Commercial class — the Volkswagen Caddy Van.
The Chairman of the NMVTRC, David Morgan stated that car makers have made a concerted effort in recent years to render cars much harder to steal, thanks to improved security technologies.
Mr Morgan was joined by the New South Wales Minister for Police, the Hon. David Campbell who presented the awards at the Hall of Legends in the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre.
Each of the ‘winning’ Volkswagen’s has been expertly assessed against their market competitors in relation to the security of the following:
• entry systems (such as door, ignition and fuel filler locks, rear seat/boot access and glazing);
• theft resistance systems (such as alarms, engine immobilisers, sound systems, wheel and component substitution protection); and
• vehicle identification (body stamping, security labelling and microdotting).
Jutta Dierks, Managing Director of Volkswagen Group Australia, said “winning three awards out of the eight categories is a very good result for us, especially when we have two of our entry models for Passenger and Commercial vehicles (the Polo and Caddy) winning their respective classes. Vehicle security is an important part of our product planning strategy, so it is extremely satisfying when our products are acknowledged and rewarded.”
The NMVTRC is a joint initiative of all Australian Governments and the insurance industry.