- World RX: Karlsson Reveals Volkswagen Scirocco
- Geneva 2015: Four-door Sport Coupé Concept GTE Signals New Era of Volkswagen Design
- Volkswagen Reveals All New Touran
· Brand experiences best month sales results since 2003
· May sales total 30,100 units, a 27.9 percent increase over prior year sales
· Best CC month ever with 3,979 units, up 50.1 percent
· Best Tiguan month ever with 3,091 units, up 57.8 percent
· Jetta momentum continues with robust sales of 16,671, up 58.6 percent
· Golf volume grows 1,761, a 23.1 percent increase
· High-mileage, clean diesel TDI models account for 22.2 percent of sales
HERNDON, Va. (June 1, 2011) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. today reported 30,100 units sold in May 2011, a 27.9 percent increase over prior year sales and the company’s best sales month since August 2003. Year-to-date sales are up 19.7 percent.
“May was an outstanding month for Volkswagen, and breaking through the 30,000 mark without either Beetle or Passat in the mix, speaks volumes about our momentum,” said Jonathan Browning, President and CEO, Volkswagen of America, Inc. “And I see the momentum continuing, particularly with the launch of the 2012 Passat and Beetle this fall.”
Volkswagen Jetta sales totaled 16,671 – a 58.6 percent increase over last year. Sport utility vehicles Touareg and Tiguan experienced 106.8 percent and 57.8 percent sales increases, respectively and the best month ever for Tiguan. CC sales increased 50.1 percent over prior year, representing its best month ever. Volkswagen’s high-mileage, clean diesel TDI models accounted for more than 22 percent of all May sales.
“The notion that making German engineering more accessible is striking a chord with our customers, as evidenced by the increased demand and customer loyalty for our products,” said Browning.