- Volkswagen Wins Sweden WRC Event
- First Outing: Volkswagen Starts Testing Program With Polo R WRC
- To the point: The New Golf R Cabriolet
Perhaps not surprisingly, those around the pages of VWvortex are quite proud of the fact that Volkswagen’s spanking new Polo R WRC team has scored their first victory on only their second outing at the Rally Sweden. Though perhaps not as iconic as Monte Carlo, Sweden offers up some of the best conditions on the planet for an intense rally – snowy and icy conditions, super high speeds, insane jumps, intense fans and quite a lot more.
We’ve put together a collection of three videos for your viewing pleasure. Each cover the race in their own way and we think you’ll thoroughly enjoy them all.
1. Official Volkswagen Motorsport Event Wrapup – this is the cut and edited spot put together by the team themselves.
2. Volkswagen Polo R WRC just-the-car Footage – Consider this the moneyshot reel. We went through footage provided to us by VW and stripped it of the boring bits. With the exception of some interesting tight focusing on cool components like studded tires, this is 100% Polo R WRC blasting through Sweden…. well… almost. Pay attention around 3:43 as a Mk1 Golf makes a surprise pass.
3. Footage that Tells a Story from Passats de Canto – this last one is quite interesting. It’s just footage and no commentating, but it shows insane shots of cars and it also gives you the feel of the race with experiences like seeing fans help roll over a stranded car or watching a champion relieve himself next to his car. It’s not to miss. Thanks Micheal for the tip.