VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What
There is a huge part of this region that will end up passing through Frederick. I'd like to get a group to meet somewhere just off of I-70, not too far east of I-270, so everyone from the Delaware, Baltimore, Eastern Shore, Annapolis, Montgomery County, Washington DC, NoVa, etc can all cruise together. We can also meet up with more people as we go out 70, like the Hagerstown folks.

Where
The back parking lot at Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick. This is the lot that faces I-70 and the local SCCA hosts events there. The location is very convenient to get quickly on and off the highway. I checked a few of the local autocross websites and found nothing scheduled on that day for that lot. There is a 6:30 ball game that night, but we should be long gone before then.
Technically, the address to the stadium is:
21 Stadium Dr, Frederick, Maryland 21703
But that will put you at the front parking lot.

When
Show up around 9:30 and we'll leave at 10am on the dot. (sorry that I changed this)

First and Only Pit-Stop
Thirty miles into the cruise, we will grab exit 24 off of I-70 and go north for half a mile to meet up with the Hagerstown dubbers at the 'Pilot Travel Center'. There is gas, a SubWay, and bathrooms that even have showers. This will be a maximum of a 5 minute stop; so if you're dirty, hungry, low on fuel, and full on piss then you best be running (I'd go in the shower at that point).

Who
Myself
My housemate
MRosier + 1 or 2
Alter_ego
VWturbo2Ltr
bigbluetotoro
D_Sims + 2
A_GRIP_OF_DUBS
NYCGTM
golfIVever
epk5150 + a 'few'
sleepygti28
frd206
The Hagerstown crew once we get out by them

Modified by theAntiRiced at 4:39 AM 5-19-2007

·
Banned
2,621 Posts
Re: • Saturday May 19th Cruise to Dubs On The Lake • (theAntiRiced)

I am heading out to the show on Sunday, and know of a handful of others going on Sunday as well. I wish I could make it for both days but at 3 hours and no free place to stay I can't justify the loot for a hotel room.

·
Registered
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Ten94Tuner)

Quote, originally posted by Ten94Tuner »
Wagenoff Dubs will be leaving saturday morning as well.. we can possibly meet up for this cruise.. but what time are you planning on bein there?? like 7-8?

8ish seems like the general consensus, yea. How many people will be coming from the Wagenoff Dubs crew?
I did the trip reversed last night in the rain. Frederick to Crofton is a haul in horrible weather http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Re: (theAntiRiced)

Quote, originally posted by theAntiRiced »
8ish seems like the general consensus, yea. How many people will be coming from the Wagenoff Dubs crew?
I did the trip reversed last night in the rain. Frederick to Crofton is a haul in horrible weather http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

i think only around 5 or so.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Re: • Saturday May 19th Cruise to Dubs On The Lake • (scotaku)

Quote, originally posted by scotaku »
Sorry... R32 days at Summit Point.

x2, have fun, post some pics for those of us that are bombing around Summit that weekend. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Volkswoman_03)

Quote, originally posted by Volkswoman_03 »
hey! I talked to you about the cruise the other day at the Schnell meet... but anyways... there is a group of us leaving from Hagerstown on Saturday. I will talk to them and see what time they all were looking to leave.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Let me know if we can meet up as we cruise out.

·
Registered
10,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Volkswoman_03)

Quote, originally posted by Volkswoman_03 »
still interested in cruising... wish you guys were leaving Frederick a little earlier. We were kinda hoping to be at Deep Creek around noon...

Yea, alright, we'll leave Frederick at 10am. The cookout starts at noon, so this should put us there around 12 - 12:30. Let me know where/when to meet up with your group.

Modified by theAntiRiced at 12:49 PM 5-9-2007

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: (theAntiRiced)

That works much better for us! Thanks man! We can meet up somewhere on 70... I will get some specifics tonight. There will be my RS mkIV Jetta, DS G60 Corrado, Black mkI Rabbit GTI, possibly mkIV GTI (not sure if he's cruising with us or not), and possibly/hopefully a stage 4 IY 20th AE GTI and that's all I know for now.

Can't wait!!

Modified by Volkswoman_03 at 9:00 PM 5-9-2007

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.