VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 beetle turbo. (2.0tsi) Recently, I'm searching the exhaust for my beetle turbo, but I found that only the Magnaflow, Remus and Borla have the exact product for beetle. For examlple, APR only shows the downpipe under the category of beetle...

I don't know whether the beetle can share the same prodcut with MK6 GTI or not? Like APR, AK, IPE or other exhaust brands.

Anyone tried this already? What's your suggestion on this? (like the sound and the performance..)

Many thanks!:)

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
A MK6 GTI exhaust will "fit" on a Beetle, e.g. all of the hangers and routing is appropriate, but the overhang of our bumpers is longer than a GTI, and their exhausts will be short of flush.

Borla and SPM make specific catback exhausts for our Beetles.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 beetle turbo. (2.0tsi) Recently, I'm searching the exhaust for my beetle turbo, but I found that only the Magnaflow, Remus and Borla have the exact product for beetle. For examlple, APR only shows the downpipe under the category of beetle...

I don't know whether the beetle can share the same prodcut with MK6 GTI or not? Like APR, AK, IPE or other exhaust brands.

Anyone tried this already? What's your suggestion on this? (like the sound and the performance..)

Many thanks!:)
Youtube had a video of a GTI with the Borla. Very 'throaty' when you want it...and not overly loud when you
don't. On K04 cars it will be a bit louder than on the one in the video.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A MK6 GTI exhaust will "fit" on a Beetle, e.g. all of the hangers and routing is appropriate, but the overhang of our bumpers is longer than a GTI, and their exhausts will be short of flush.

Borla and SPM make specific catback exhausts for our Beetles.
Thanks. So it's better to choose the specific exhaust for beetle.

I have checked that SPM has ditributor in China.:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the fit and finish that SPM seems to produce and praised by many but some have said the SPM catback will drone with or without an aftermarket downpipe. How many SPM owners have been able to eliminate the drone or do you just live with it?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Eurojet hands down best around, and if u look around buy a gti one at a lower cost its a direct fit I know I put one on my car before anyone was making a beetl 3"tbe
Code:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.