VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Re: 0-60 times... quarter mile times (Autobahn_Bred)

Hmmmm...... a 1.95 60 ft. time with a chip and intake.....
I got a 1.88 with winter tires, and a pulled air filter.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Autobahn_Bred »
it seems i cant get any faster than 1.9 60ft's. ive trapped 101.9mph though.

I have raced with Autobahn_Bred at Richmond Dragway and our cars were running very different. I don't have my slips anymore, but we could both run a 13.7, but my 60ft would be a low 1.8 and my trap would be lower than his.
These cars can be very picky. After talking to Anthony at VMP he recommended running the car when it was a little cooler i.e. not at 180deg. I haven't got a chance to give that a whirl, but he said it makes a difference. My current best is a 13.6, but with his recommendations I'd love to see a 13.4 or 13.5 with my current setup (GHL intake and GIAC chip).

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Re: 0-60 times... quarter mile times (azrakain)

what up cory. i just registered for the drag race on sunday at waterfest 11. im still wiating for the event coordinator to e-mail me once somebody drops out of the auto-x school on saturday so he can take me off of the waiting list.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

i got a 2.448 to 60' and a 15.962 in the qrt at 84.94
in a bone stock 01 wolf. on stock tires. and it was my 3rd time at the track

my favorite part was the .056 R/T http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
but mines a 1.8t jetta with 100 less hp almost

Modified by vwracin86 at 6:10 AM 7-25-2005

·
Registered
840 Posts
Re: (TaxMan5)

1.84s 60'
13.72 1/4 mile
99.06 mph trap
CAI, Chip, Exhaust, dogbone bushings, 17" OZ SL's, no back seats, 1/8th tank of gas, 30+lb spare tire
I hope to do a little better next time, my times were getting progressivly better each run that day but I only got 3 in. The outside temp was about 80 degrees for the run listed above, not sure about humidity. It also seems like that car was adapting to the type of race. When I left the track, the car felt amazing and then slowly returned to normal over the next day or so.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Re: (rich!)

Check the sig for my best time....
REVO, flapper mod, winter tires, and K&N drop in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.