VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok installed t3/t4 50 trim but car has no boost and drives like crap
. hooked up mbc with the line directly under the screw to the side of the wastegate and the line on the side of the mbc to the charge pipe. what else could it be? bad turbo bought it used but was running on a friends car,cracked mani i doubt it loose mani maybe. car is at revo guy said he cant even put the program in. had 20 codes cleared them now car wont start

·
Banned
313 Posts
Re: 0 boost after BT install (stevovw)

aren't you the one who was half assing your install? doesn't suprise me you're having nothing but problems. i'm sure we'll see your set-up forsale soon.
no boost=boost leak.
no start=no spark or fuel like i suggested the last time.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no iam not half-assing my install. everything is on fine its doing the same thing as when my ko3 blew it just stopped making boost. But the ko3 had a bent fin but still should of created boost no? same thing now with the t3 on. sensor? anything

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the car turns on! if fuel or spark was a problem it wouldnt ok. yes the n75 is plugged in but not doing anything. if you have nothing to help me with please leave thanks

·
Banned
313 Posts
Re: (stevovw)

Quote, originally posted by stevovw »
ok listen people the car starts!!! i now have 4bar and stage 3 revo but 0 boost

Quote, originally posted by stevovw »
ok installed t3/t4 50 trim but car has no boost and drives like crap
. hooked up mbc with the line directly under the screw to the side of the wastegate and the line on the side of the mbc to the charge pipe. what else could it be? bad turbo bought it used but was running on a friends car,cracked mani i doubt it loose mani maybe. car is at revo guy said he cant even put the program in. had 20 codes cleared them now car wont start

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: (jayteevol)

Quote, originally posted by jayteevol »
lots of smoke=oil drain not pointing strait down
turbo oil drain must be directly down.

garrett actually specifies it can be 15* off center in either direction, and that is conservative, so thats not it.
What are you using for an intercooler? have you checked your ic piping??? If your still using an IC that utilizes the stock plumbing I would definitly look at that piping since you said your stock turbo wasnt boosting either....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Pancake8)

Quote, originally posted by Pancake8 »
or you dint run oil through it before you started it...

umm yeah i did i took of fuse 28 and did it ok iam taking it to billy today to see what he says. Don is saying bad turbo now lets see what Bily and Jeff say. I think you sold me a bad turbo. there is no way i could of messed it up by turning it on

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Re: (stevovw)

ok for one, when you build a car or anything with a motor in it, make sure everything is tight and as it should be for driving on the road
- loose wastegates?? comon
- no MAF or 02? duh no wonder
- IC pipe not clammped? might want to try fixing that if you want boost
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

dont come into this forum after writing posts clearly showing you dont know what you're doing, then expect not get flammed....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.