VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this afternoon i noticed that there is a small tear in the driver's seat. it's being caused by something IN the seat - a bracket maybe? the tear is on the lower cushion on the side towards the lumbar control dial. do you think this would be covered under warranty? i've never had the seat taken apart for anything. though i've complained about the "shifting" the dealer said the seat travel is within specs but i don't think they ever took it apart. not sure what i should do.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Re: 01.5 leather seat is ripping, ...suggestions? (VeeDubDude)

Since the tear isn't being caused by you (unless you weigh 300lbs and literally jump into your seat every time
), I'd say this should be covered by warranty. Yours is the first experience of this type I've ever heard of, with any car make. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 01.5 leather seat is ripping, ...suggestions? (DCdave)

thanks for the feedback, guys. i wasn't sure to even approach the dealer on this one. i'm at 22,000 miles so i better do it quick.
on this note, how do you think they'll repair it? replace the seat? replace the leather covering on the seat?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Re: 01.5 leather seat is ripping, ...suggestions? (VeeDubDude)

Actually your seat coverings (leather or cloth) are covered agaist extrenuous wear for 12months or 12,000 miles. After that the wear is not covered under warranty. If you can prove that the wear is not caused by you the dealer may repair it under a goodwill gesture, or may get VW O America involved. Good luck, hope it works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.