VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if a 2001 cylinder head would fit on a 1991 block cause my buddie bought a mint vr 91 raddo for $1200. The thing is that it has a broken cam and it pretty much turned the head to garbage. He found the 01 head for cheap with a bunch of work done to it and just wants to know if this will fit.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: 01 cylinder head fit on 91 block? (GURNMODE420)

You need to take that engine code off the "mint" 1991 VR Corrado down to your local VW dealer and ask what the engine really came in. VR Corrado's came out in 1992, and a 1991 would have been a retro-fit from another VR6 powered car. (A common modification for the original 4-banger Corrado).
Check the driver's door post and see if it isn't potentially a 1992 Corrado. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif A mint 1992 with a VR6 is a possibility, as those were built and shipped to the US.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 01 cylinder head fit on 91 block? (where_2)

Thanks for letting me know. my buddy is kind of slow so it problably is a 92. But the car is super clean. He got lucky as **** with getting this car for the price he got it for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.