VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 GTI VR6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my cars epc light came on and kept shutting down the car after about 3 hours looking it over I found a plug under the car had been broke and was just sitting there the switch is located above my starter and on the transmission I’ll attach the pictures of what I found but after bandaging it up I was able to get her home check engine light is off as well as the epc

but I guess my question is would this cause my car to crank and run ish but die instantly

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Golf GTI 2.slow, 2001 Golf GTI 1.8t
751 Posts
If pin 1 of that connector shorted to the chassis, I could see a brownout condition occurring. Other than that, not really.

Pin 1 of that connector runs through fuse 7 (10A) to the ignition switch. The fuse would have blown before any damage could occur to the ignition switch.

·
Registered
2001 GTI VR6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If pin 1 of that connector shorted to the chassis, I could see a brownout condition occurring. Other than that, not really.

Pin 1 of that connector runs through fuse 7 (10A) to the ignition switch. The fuse would have blown before any damage could occur to the ignition switch.
ya I’m not sure what the problem was I replaced that switch and plugged it in all is good on the car now I’m going to take it to volts wagon tomorrow and have them go through the whole car I bought it less than a week ago and just want it done up right I don’t have the time to make her perfect haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts