VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...i have a 2001 Jetta 1.8t 102k...the car is doing the most random thing...a few months ago it would randomly kick on the EPC light and check engine light and it would have basically no acceleration. So I would just turn it off and then restart and it would be fine. I had it checked out and all the codes cleared. I bought a new MAF sensor from ebay and installed it myself, since it failed the shop's test. Lately the EPC light is coming on more frequently and running terribly. The EPC light comes on more frequently. I took it to advanced auto to scan the codes...it pulled up P0103 ( Mass air flow) and P2138 (throttle position sensor). The thing i'm having trouble with is, how come it randomly happens? It leads me to believe it is a loose wire somewhere? Anyone have any help on this or did this happen to anyone?? I'm in the Rochester NY area as well..
Another thing....the car would feel like it would skip a bit before the EPC light comes on if that helps?? I Know that the pedal assembly was replaced 2k ago and the ebay MAF sensor was replaced few weeks ago...

·
Registered
166 Posts
start by getting a real MAF. Ebay MAF = Chineese stuff which isnt the best quality. get the bosch or the dealership one OEM VW... And the throttle body has to be cleaned once in a while, and calibrated afterwords.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.