VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine wont turn over. the battery is charged. I have iridium spark plugs i installed about 5,000 miles ago. original coil packs. I have a big turbo installed with Unitronic 440cc file and a brand new MAF. I have a Walboro 255lph fuel pump installed which im suspecting has failed. I didnt have a chance to really eyeball the car because I had someone come pick me up, but I didnt remember hearing the pump prime the fuel lines (its very loud when it does) when I was trying to start the motor. could the pump be clogged or just have failed? could my fuel filter be clogged? Is some sensor failed because my ignition seems fine? Is it the ECU? One other thing I just got a Sachs stage 2 clutch/flywheel installed this week, could that in any possible was cause some type failure, could the mechanic have fudged my starter connection?

Modified by J_Bone at 7:56 AM 3-21-2010

· Registered
816 Posts
fist clear up your post..you say it wont turn over but your starter is "kicking strong" does the engine turn over or not ****...
and if cant figure out the difference between "turning over" and "not turning over" then well bring your car to the shop

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (alextjoe)

it wont start period. it showed no indication of pending failure, no check engine lights or rough starts from earlier. That's why I was so baffled when it wouldn't start.

· Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (alextjoe)

well I just solved my problem today. apparently one of my leads on my Walboro fuel pump came loose and was touching the other. This blew out one of my fuses. What tipped me off was my Walboro is very loud when it primes the fuel lines just before ignition and it caught my attention since I'm so used to hearing that. Long story short I pulled my pump out, fixed the leads and replaced the fuse. Car starts up and runs great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.