Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs:
01 Jetta 1.8t (AWW)
Automatic (01M)
147,000 km / 92000 miles

Previous Repair:
Replaced Solenoids (at 140000km)
Replaced Speed Sensors (at 140000km)
Replaced Transmission Wiring Harness (at 140000km)
transmission fluid was changed with the repairs
Fixed Vacuum Leak under intake manifold (at 146000km)

Mods:
Neuspeed intake
007 Forge DV

No check engine lights or pending fault codes when scanned

When I lightly or slowly accelerate, the car shudders and clunks through 1st gear and is completely fine in all other gears.

However, when I accelerate fast through first gear there are no shudders or clunks but the rpm goes steady until 3000 and then shoot up to 4000+.

The last thing, when the car is cold or under the normal operating temp, there are no issues with any of the gears.

Any suggestions/advice would be great.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Better than my issue after replacement of all said parts. Previously had R-1-2 not 3rd. Now have nothing and can’t move the car in neutral. Going to check fill level and if when full no change I suspect TCM change or re learn. In your case I’ve heard that over time it learns your driving habits and smooths out over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2001 MK4 Jetta 1.8t
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better than my issue after replacement of all said parts. Previously had R-1-2 not 3rd. Now have nothing and can’t move the car in neutral. Going to check fill level and if when full no change I suspect TCM change or re learn. In your case I’ve heard that over time it learns your driving habits and smooths out over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yikes that is brutal. Hopefully it's just a fill level issue.

I did the TCM reset today and will probably give it a few days but I'm not too sure where to look after that haha.

I want to try and replace the TCM but that might end up being another can of worms.

·
Registered
2001 MK4 Jetta 1.8t
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I've almost completely lost 1st gear. Have to really ease into applying gas from a stop position in order to get anywhere. Otherwise the rpm just shoot up to 4500.

Every other gear is running great with smooth shifts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.