VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed a rebuild on 1995 Cabrio 01M. I replaced Valvebody with New VBX Valvebody, rebuilt Torque Converter, complete rebuild kit included. I placed it into gear and it will not go in any gear, reverse or any forward gear that it is placed in. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be the problem? I do not have a VAGCOM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: 01M rebuild problems ([email protected])

i had the same problem when i replace my valve body, no gears, no codes so i decided to check again the valve body and the hook that goes in to the valve body from the gear selector was unhook, i put back and solved the problem, hope it helps, i'll try to put a pic later

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Re: 01M rebuild problems ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
I just completed a rebuild on 1995 Cabrio 01M. I replaced Valvebody with New VBX Valvebody, rebuilt Torque Converter, complete rebuild kit included. I placed it into gear and it will not go in any gear, reverse or any forward gear that it is placed in. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be the problem? I do not have a VAGCOM.

Wont move forward or reverse? I would assume either the pump gear is in backwards or you didn't have the converter in all the way when you installed the trans and it destroyed the pump.
Install a pressure gauge and see if its making pressure. Poor mans method is to just remove the plug and see if fluid rushes out when started. If no pressure then pull it back out.
there are other more complex things that could be wrong. Dont forget to check the manual vavle as someone said above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.