VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2001 Jetta gls 1.8t with the 01m so I replaced the transmission with a used one from the local Pull-A-Part and now it won't engage any gear at all when I first put it in it drove around the block but seemed like it was slipping so I got it back in the garage and now it will not move at all I replaced the wiring harness for the valve body and still nothing I don't understand what is going on and it's very frustrating due to this being our only car my wife, daughter and I rely on it and can't afford to take it to a shop so I drained the fluid and no signs of any metal or anything in the pan at all I have the tcm from the car I got the transmission from tried putting it in and still nothing my question is could it be the torque converter ? It's not throwing any codes at all just acts like it's in neutral in every gear park does engage once when I was sitting in it with it running and in drive it grabbed for just a second and moved forward a couple inches could it be that the valve body isn't tight enough?when I torqued the bolts I set my torque wrench just right under 44 inch lbs because it is a older one and I know that if you over torque it the valves will stick someone please help

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Had the same problem and did everything in the VCDS Hex Can that was suggested. I canned the valve body with a professionally rebuilt valve body and new harness to no avail! Nothing, and the funny thing is I had all but 3/4 including reverse with the old valve body. If you find out it’s your valve body I have a new one here you can have for nothing. I can’t see your family struggle that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts