VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 24v vr6 eurovan

Think the secondary air pump may be bad...
All connections and hoses look intact..
Question about the plugs...I'm getting power from the smaller plug but not getting power from either side of the larger plug connector.....is this right? Or is there an in line fuse that can be bad? Or is the one that I'm getting power from power and the other one just going to the computer or something?
Basically I'm asking should both plugs on the pump have power to them when I unplug them and test them with a good ground..?
Sorry just trying to make sure 100% that it's the pump and not s bad connector or fuse or something silly before replacing the pump and it still not work..
It is throwing a CEL..would it throw a CEL if it was just a fuse or relay..

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Did you try 12V directly to the pump from the battery? Use a larger guage wire and only hold the jumper to the battery for a short time because the electrical draw from the pump is significant.

If you remove your pump and it is full of water, then your EGR valve is most likely faulty and letting condensation build up in the pump.

Also, you might want to look for an aftermarket pump on eBay (or anywhere else online) because the OEM from the dealer is pretty pricey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts