VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Australia and have a 02 spec GTi.....im not sure of what engine i have but i want to add a boost guage to see the boost.......is it going to move much with the stock setup...i will be getting a chip and mods later down the track.........but dont have the cash...
would it be worth the guage or not

·
Registered
‘21 SQ5 & ‘16 Golf R
41,042 Posts
Re: 02 boost guage (r207)

quote:[HR][/HR]I live in Australia and have a 02 spec GTi.....im not sure of what engine i have but i want to add a boost guage to see the boost.......is it going to move much with the stock setup...i will be getting a chip and mods later down the track.........but dont have the cash...
would it be worth the guage or not[HR][/HR]​
Your profile (under your name to the left of your post) says you have a 1.8t...

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Re: 02 boost guage (schtebie)

quote:[HR][/HR]you can only get a boost gauge if you have forced induction (aka turbo / supercharger) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
that's not true. you can always just put on in the car.. kinda like the fake front ic's or the electronic bov box.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: 02 boost guage (flipp)

If your car has the curtain side air bags, is installing a gauge still possible? Will it interfear with air bag deployment? I've seen other GTI's with them installed (rav'n_gti for example) and wondered if they caused any problems.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Re: 02 boost guage (jay_tuck)

There are A-pillar pods that are supposed to be ok to use with the curtain bags. SPP I believe makes the one Dani uses. You could alternatively mount the gauge in the blank DIN on pre-02 cars or on the steering column if you want to put in the fiberglass work yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.