VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the internal parts compatible? I have an 02a with a peliquin diff wich is great. Ran a bunch of runs with a 400 hp vrt. Now for my future build i will have more like 600-700 hp.

I'm seeing companies like sqs and par making gear kits for the 02j trans. What about us 02a guys? Or maybe i can swap a whole 02j trans to my 12v vr6? But kinda sucks if i have to sell my peliquin and get a new one :(

1996 Mk3 gti 12v vr6

· Registered
296 Posts
not 100% sure but I think the only difference between the 02a and 02j diff is the axle mounting, to make the o2j diff work on 02a axles you use tdi stub axles, otherwise internally they are the same, the shift tower is different but interchangeable

· Registered
2014 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2016 Jetta GLI, 2021 Arteon Premium R Line 4Motion
10,244 Posts
All internals are the same, with the exception of the diff, so it will not work in the 02J. The casing is different, so no switching of those either, as this is why the diff is different. All gears, syncros, hubs and so on are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.