VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g60 tranny and i want to install it into my scirocco. my first question is before i get to into this project is does a 02a tranny come in a cable shift because mine isn't? if so what car did it come in? i'm trying ot use the 02a tranny because i'm building a race motor and i'll be making about 400-500hp when i'm done so good bye 4K tranny. with the 02a tranny i'm putting in a diff and forged gears. i wanted to use the 4k tranny but i can't find anyone that makes forged gears for 020 tranny.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Re: 02a in vw scirocco 16v (tyrone27)

it is cable shift it is sweet behind a 2.0 16v it just screams through the gears killa combo if you want a good tranny contact kraftswerk they build trannys to your spec.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Certainly from a 1990 (?) and later Passat GL (the ones with the almost solid nose and the 16V motor). Most seem to be automatics, I've only ever seen one with a manual box in a junkyard.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I have a g60 tranny and i want to install it into my scirocco. my first question is before i get to into this project is does a 02a tranny come in a cable shift because mine isn't? if so what car did it come in? i'm trying ot use the 02a tranny because i'm building a race motor and i'll be making about 400-500hp when i'm done so good bye 4K tranny. with the 02a tranny i'm putting in a diff and forged gears. i wanted to use the 4k tranny but i can't find anyone that makes forged gears for 020 tranny.[HR][/HR]​
i thought you already had the g60 tranny it comes from a corrado?

·
Registered
3,523 Posts

Im confused, do you have a 02A or not?

All G60 transmissions are 02A's and all 02A's are cable shifted. If your "G60" transmission does not have a hydraulic slave cylinder and a cable actuated gear selector, you most likely have a 020, NOT a G60 02A.

[Modified by gearhead455, 4:12 AM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

you need pedals, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, brake resivor and the lines to conect them, shifter and cables and i think that covers it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.