VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I thought it was the shift linkage, but when I went to take the shift lever under the hood and put it in gears, I found that when trying to get it into 2nd gear, it wouldn't engage all the way. When I went back into the car, and shifted into 2nd, went back under the hood, and 2nd worked fine, but found that 4th was a little difficult to get into. once again, went back in, shifted into 4th fully, went under hood, and 2nd was hard to get into.

I'm assuming since more than 1 gear is affected, it wouldn't be a synchro problem. What else could be the problem? The clutch or pressure plate?

I'm going to replace the gear oil sometime in the next week or 2 and see if that helps (i'm going to be on travel for job interviews most of next week), but I figured I'd ask and see what else I can inspect in the mean time, or what I can expect to fix if the gear oil refresh doesn't work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.