VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 02j that came out of my car, the differential pin came out and did some extenstive damage to the bell housing.
the differential is obviously no good but im hoping someone can use some parts out of it.
the hubs, gears, clutch fork, etc should be usable, so if you need any parts out of it or want the whole tranny let me know!
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Modified by TmoeJ747 at 4:13 PM 11-3-2009

Modified by TmoeJ747 at 3:28 PM 4-10-2010

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
sometimes the ring and pinion doesn't get any damage or chipping from this as usually just small chunks of aluminum get into the gears. this is from my personal observations

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (austin neuschafer)

Quote, originally posted by austin neuschafer »
sometimes the ring and pinion doesn't get any damage or chipping from this as usually just small chunks of aluminum get into the gears. this is from my personal observations

i was actually just thinking that today

i was inspecting the ring gear through the hole in the case and it looks fine, the aluminum just mushes through it. thanks for info

so if anyone needs a ring gear, or any of the gears from this trans, they are fine http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
however, i can assure everyone that the pinion bearing is junk
(just look at the pics)

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
there are both thin tooth and thick tooth 1st 2nd synchros, and are not interchangable without changing gears and slider hubs

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.