VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have had this clutch creep issue for several months now. I just received the shim and cap from VW today and will post the results after the install. Thanks for posting up this information. I really wasn't looking forward to pulling the trans again this quickly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just did this in my 05" GLI with the 02M 6 speed transmission. Like it was stated above, it took me 15 minutes. Removed drivers side wheel, the inner splash shield, and pulled the black cap off of the side of the transmission. Removed the large outer snap ring, installed shim, and reinstalled snap ring and new cover. Do not reuse the cover. It worked just as advertised. No more clutch creep or hard shifting. Fantastic news. I just ordered 2 more sets of the shim/cover to take care of the same problem on a couple R32's for customers. Parts are around $20 from the dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did not install the NLS shim kit. The part numbers you need are at the top of this thread. Both are OEM VW numbers. Here they are again but credit goes to the person who originated this thread.

OEM part # WHT-001-976 is the shim
OEM part # 02M-301-211-B is the black cover that has to be removed to install it.

This is what I would install to eliminate the clutch creep. It worked perfectly on my 02M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.