VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little rant and don't care if I get flamed....
I ordered a hose over the weekend because my mechanic believed something was missing from 034 motorsport silicone breather kit....... after going by there to the shop we realized that he will not need the hose.... I paid for next day air shipping from Cali to Atlanta.... I called 034 when they opened to let them know I needed to cancel the order... it had not been run through the system .. only charges pending on my card and obviously had not shipped out since they just opened..... They said to read the purchase policies and that they could not refund my purchase but offer store credit.... Thank you sir... you have successfully taken my money before you received it.... I will indeed spend every penny of my store credit.. only to never purchase from them again.... That's the difference customer service makes... they could have said.. no problem man it hasn't even been packaged or anything I will send you the refund.. thanks for your business.. but they pulled the" We are getting your money regardless talk"....... I would understand if the order had been packaged and shipped to my door before I realized I didn't need the part

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Says right in their terms and conditions.

"Returns, cancellations and exchanges on 034Motorsport products

All orders placed on this website or over the phone with our sales representatives are final. The order may not be cancelled after confirming checkout and payment. There are no returns on 034Motorsport products, in certain conditions, within 30 days, we may consider offering store credit or an exchange, contact customer service.

Our goal at 034Motorsport is to always satify the customer 100% to the part they ordered, because of this commitment towards quality and due to the nature of the products we sell, we do not offer returns or cancellations on any purchased paid for product."

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
My experience with them has been nothing short of awesome. I walked right into their shop and picked up my parts. Great guys.
I would advocate doing more research on what you need. They aren't at fault for a mistake you or your mechanic made.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Granted I should have read the small print, but I called them when they opened the doors to try and stop the order before they got to it.... which they had not touched it yet but refused to refund my money... that is crappy customer service.. but rules are rules right..... They will get a purchase from me to fullfill my credit and I will get from ECS and other sources from here out :peace:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mention that I had a decent order from them last week... and thought I was missing something from a hose kit I bought from them.. it's not like I didnt spend money there

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Granted I should have read the small print, but I called them when they opened the doors to try and stop the order before they got to it.... which they had not touched it yet but refused to refund my money... that is crappy customer service.. but rules are rules right..... They will get a purchase from me to fullfill my credit and I will get from ECS and other sources from here out :peace:
I wouldn't avoid 034, they have really nice quaity parts. They are good guys and deserve the business :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I forgot to mention that I had a decent order from them last week... and thought I was missing something from a hose kit I bought from them.. it's not like I didnt spend money there
why wouldnt you call them and ask them if the part was included in the order?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Honest mistake dude.. I was totally polite when I called.. and told them if they wouldn't refund I would obviously take the store credit
So why are you about to refuse to buy from them anymore due to a mistake YOU made?

Still they could have said no prob and refunded to my card........... you know? :screwy:
Sure, they could have, but that's not store policy.

·
997.2 911, MK4 R32, S124 E320, W124 300E, GX470
12,987 Posts
All of the information is there. Regardless of whether it was a small thing or not, they have to abide by their rules. If they make an exception for you, it's the start of a slippery slope for them and it only makes sense for a business to stay fair and equal to all of its customers. It sucks but at least you got store credit. Also, no MK4 content so this is done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.