VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to remove my 034 Motorsports catch-can to pass smog in CA (boooo...)

https://store.034motorsport.com/cat...t-a3-mkv-mkvi-volkswagen-gti-gli-2-0-tsi.html

Since I don't do my own wrenching, it cost too much to remove and replace every 2 years so I am reluctantly putting it up for sale.

Purchased from and installed by 034 in Fremont Ca, it has about 10,000 miles of use and was cleaned with every oil change (also done at 034).

It really is as good as new.

Retail $495 - asking $250 or b/o.

Bob Nachtigall
[email protected]

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is some real BS!!! Great product and does not in any way increase the TTs smog that's just big brother giving you the shaft. GLWS it will be sold quickly

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps you're not aware that CA smog testing no longer actually tests for pollutants - they just look for visual evidence that the engine has been modified.

Because the catch can is obviously not OEM it had to be removed to pass inspection - as did my APR carbonio intake. Putting the intake back on after inspection only cost me $75 but the catch can removal -reinstall would be prohibitive if I had to do it every 2 years.

It was, and is, a great product and I was sorry to see it go.

As you predicted it sold quickly to a lucky new owner.

It used to be that there were "mod friendly" smog stations - those days are over as the penalties have become quite draconian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts