VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy an 04 TT, 3.2 with a DQ250 (DSG) dual-clutch 6speed transmission, with the following problem(s). The prior owner had the car evaluated at an Audi Dealership. They did not detect any codes on the car at all. They were going to do the inspection but couldn't get the car to stay in 1st gear to drive it around. The transmission will go into 1st, 2nd, R and N great, but the car continues to speed up rpms and will act like it is going to shift to 3rd but never does. The PO installed a used mechatronic but prior to fixing the mech he was able on occasion to get the car fast enough to get into 3rd and 4th gear. When he changed the mech it now shifts in R - N -1 -2 but will not ship into 3rd or higher". The PO (and I) do not know if it has a mechanical issue or if it is a programming issue or what it is. I asked the PO if he had programmed the replacement mech to the car and he replied he only had a simple OBD2 reader and was unsure how to do it. PO states the transmission oil was changed.
Can anyone advise me on the status of this DSG!! Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Paul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.