VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '07 A3 on the way here(hawaii) and i am trying to get some parts on order now so they will be here when the car gets here. this is my first turbo car so i defintely want a crisp sound blow-off. i was think about an adjustable Forge, any on have one? and do you like it? i plan on buying some H&R coilovers and getting a custom 2.5" exhuast. i'm also planning on doing a Revo chip. any and all information would be greatly appreciated. and just so i'm for sure, the '07 come with 2.0L FSI?? if so what does FSI stand for or where can i find this kind of technical info? thanks again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: '07 A3 questions (dondon)

also does any one know of any sites where i can buy good OEM products. ECS has some stuff like the Porshe big brake kit, but i was trying to find some RS4 wheels and brakes. thank again

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Re: '07 A3 questions (dondon)

Hey big boys...
FSI was Fuel Stratified Injection in Europe. In US versions, it's Fuel Straight Injection, because some part of stratification got lost I think. In any case, it's what's commonly called Direct Injection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G...ction
In short, a more efficient burning of fuel which gives you better power, better gas mileage, and the side effect of sounding a little bit like a diesel (or a race car).

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Re: (buddahvw)

Quote, originally posted by buddahvw »

that's what they told me when i got mine, so I could finally find a date

ehehehehe
BTW: Chicks love looking at the A3, they desire one more than most cars. I drove a Miata for 12 years and I never had a guy hit on me. I've had a Bubba in Chebby 4x4 straight out of Deliverance take me out, but that resulted in him flipping his truck and totalling my Miata.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.