VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve decided I’m going to keep my other car automatic. 07 Jetta gli. I have another 07 Jetta gli and The trans is still good. It’s a 6 speed. I was wondering how much I would have to do other than just changing the transmission. Will it bolt up to it?

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
So the GLI you got with the bad engine is an Dsg and you have a running FSi from your crashed GLI 6speed correct?? If so swap the running FSI from the crashed GLI to the GLI with Dsg. Check that the sensor from the running FSI match what is in the busted engine particularly the fuel related sensors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the GLI you got with the bad engine is an Dsg and you have a running FSi from your crashed GLI 6speed correct?? If so swap the running FSI from the crashed GLI to the GLI with Dsg. Check that the sensor from the running FSI match what is in the busted engine particularly the fuel related sensors.
Yeah you got it right. So check and see what all is connected to the manual and not the dsg? I have the car at my buddies. I’ll have to check when I get over there tomorrow

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Just take the FSI engine out of the crashed car if it needs any maintenance perhaps take care of it now with the motor out if it makes the job easier for you. Since this FSI came from a manual it will most likely not have needle bearings in the rear of the crank and if it does I would remove it and install a new one, the DSG uses needle bearings at the rear of crank. I would not use any of the wiring harness from the donor car but use the existing harness in the other GLI. You can keep the sensors etc from the motor you are dropping in just make sure they are the same part numbers as what was in the broken motor. If done this way the only thing that has really changed in the "new GLI" is its engine, needle bearing and possibly sensors, switches etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts