VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Registered
7,460 Posts
All this to change a bulb
Woah, which bulb? I’ve had both headlight assemblies out without removing the wheels, you just need to turn them lock to lock to get the fender liners loosened. The hardest part was getting to the bolt behind the washer reservoir, had to jam some chewing gum into a socket to hold the bolt while reaching in there.

· Registered
3,731 Posts
So the CC seats must be part of the Sport package? I haven't seen much original documentation but I knew that some of the B6 cars got the CC seats. Which is funny because I've seen CC cars with V-tex inside, which I never thought they did and I've seen B6 cars with the leather CC seats.

If someone could point me to some resource where all the B6 stuff is known....options, packages etc that would be great. I have a 2009 brochure but it doesn't tell me too much.

Also, I had thought that wagons with the rear door roller blinds got different door cards than sedans with the blinds, just based on what I'd seen in pictures (not very good pictures) but it looks like in your pics that the cards are the same even though the roller blinds will be different because of the roofline.

Did the roller blinds become standard by 2009? I think most every car I've seen that was 2009 / 10 had the door roller blinds.

Any info appreciated

Steve

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So the CC seats must be part of the Sport package? I haven't seen much original documentation but I knew that some of the B6 cars got the CC seats. Which is funny because I've seen CC cars with V-tex inside, which I never thought they did and I've seen B6 cars with the leather CC seats.

If someone could point me to some resource where all the B6 stuff is known....options, packages etc that would be great. I have a 2009 brochure but it doesn't tell me too much.

Also, I had thought that wagons with the rear door roller blinds got different door cards than sedans with the blinds, just based on what I'd seen in pictures (not very good pictures) but it looks like in your pics that the cards are the same even though the roller blinds will be different because of the roofline.

Did the roller blinds become standard by 2009? I think most every car I've seen that was 2009 / 10 had the door roller blinds.

Any info appreciated

Steve
Try this https://www.autobytel.com/volkswagen/passat/2007/configurator/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Woah, which bulb? I’ve had both headlight assemblies out without removing the wheels, you just need to turn them lock to lock to get the fender liners loosened. The hardest part was getting to the bolt behind the washer reservoir, had to jam some chewing gum into a socket to hold the bolt while reaching in there.
Off course the hardest one. passenger side. Had the car on jack stands so I can get to the bottom screws. I got something for those pesky bolts my trusty two foot extension but the wheels get in the way. I replaced both bulbs wasn’t doing this again soon. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Yes, I've seen that before, and it at least outlines a little, but it doesn't say what's (really) standard equipment nor does it mention Climatronic or really anything non-package except for the wheels and audio. And there were more wheels available in 2007 than just standard Catalunya and the two options they list....and where's the 18" wheels? And there's no mention of MT either. I'm surprised they listed the Dynaudio at all...

I'm gonna have to find something more....lol

Steve

· Registered
7,460 Posts
This is all by memory, but IIRC:

• in 2006 the VR6 was available in Base, Lux or Sport 1; Sport 2 was an option in 2007, and in 2008 they were all Sport 2.
  • Base, Lux, and Sport 1 came with 17" wheels; Sport 2 added 18" wheels and the sport suspension (stiffer springs, bigger sway bars, and 1/2" lower)
  • Sport 1 came with the sport seats, 3-spoke steering wheel with shifting paddles, and aluminum trim. Sport 2 had all that plus the wheels and suspension upgrades.
  • Lux and Sport 1 added Climatronic, real leather, heated seats, and sunroof (some of these might have been stand-alone in earlier model years)
  • Dynaudio, Nav, and Automatic Cruise Control were stand-alone options
  • In early 2008s everything was standard except for Nav and auto cruise
  • Dynaudio was deleted in late 2008 due to parts availability issues and a credit was given instead

That's the general idea!

· Registered
3,731 Posts
This is all by memory, but IIRC:

• in 2006 the VR6 was available in Base, Lux or Sport 1; Sport 2 was an option in 2007, and in 2008 they were all Sport 2.
  • Base, Lux, and Sport 1 came with 17" wheels; Sport 2 added 18" wheels and the sport suspension (stiffer springs, bigger sway bars, and 1/2" lower)
  • Sport 1 came with the sport seats, 3-spoke steering wheel with shifting paddles, and aluminum trim. Sport 2 had all that plus the wheels and suspension upgrades.
  • Lux and Sport 1 added Climatronic, real leather, heated seats, and sunroof (some of these might have been stand-alone in earlier model years)
  • Dynaudio, Nav, and Automatic Cruise Control were stand-alone options
  • In early 2008s everything was standard except for Nav and auto cruise
  • Dynaudio was deleted in late 2008 due to parts availability issues and a credit was given instead

That's the general idea!
Thanks for all that info,

Are you sure that Base, Lux, and Sport 1 came with 17" wheels? I've seen lots of cars with the 16" alloys and even some with steel wheels and hubcaps. I think you must mean Lux and Sport 1, and not Base?

Where does the 'value edition' fit in with this?

The 2007 wagon I'm going to get must be Lux, because it has real leather and heated seats, Climatronic and sunroof. It also has the 17" Le Mans wheels and Dynaudio plus probably more that I don't know about because the photos haven't been that revealing.

Will find out when I get there I guess.

Steve

· Registered
17,168 Posts
Other way around.
The higher trim CC's (think VR6 Executive) received the same leather Sport Seats that the B6 Sport Package had, as the B6 Passat was before the CC.

The lower trim CC's had the (standard) V-tex seats, and were styled different & nothing like the B6 seats.

· Registered
7,460 Posts
Thanks for all that info,

Are you sure that Base, Lux, and Sport 1 came with 17" wheels? I've seen lots of cars with the 16" alloys and even some with steel wheels and hubcaps. I think you must mean Lux and Sport 1, and not Base?

Where does the 'value edition' fit in with this?
Those would be 2.0T cars, I was just talking about the 3.6 trim levels. Yeah, on the 2.0T you could get 16" alloys or steel, and there was the Value Edition and Wolfsburg edition and Base and Turbo etc. etc. but I'm not familiar with them.

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Those would be 2.0T cars, I was just talking about the 3.6 trim levels. Yeah, on the 2.0T you could get 16" alloys or steel, and there was the Value Edition and Wolfsburg edition and Base and Turbo etc. etc. but I'm not familiar with them.
Oh...ok, didn't realize there was such a divergence between 4 and 6 cylinder cars.

I was only really talking about the 2.0T cars because that's the bulk of what was produced for US import. You see a 6 cylinder now and again but not very often.

I'm sure this wagon is Lux, I picked it up yesterday, long trip for a car that doesn't run but it's going to be a TDI conversion anyway so that part doesn't matter, but the owner mentioned that it hadn't moved under its own power since 2018, which would have been nice to know sooner, and that bothered me a little, and explains why the underhood wiring had some rodent damage that he didn't mention....

It also had more damage to it that wasn't really disclosed, but you just have to live with it or have it fixed.

Steve

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Other way around.
The higher trim CC's (think VR6 Executive) received the same leather Sport Seats that the B6 Sport Package had, as the B6 Passat was before the CC.

The lower trim CC's had the (standard) V-tex seats, and were styled different & nothing like the B6 seats.
I don't think I've ever seen a CC VR Exec in person, there aren't many of those floating around this area and the ones I do see typically are 2.0t cars.

I will have to look at that CC again, I thought the seats were the same but just in V-tex, but I didn't look at them very long.

The only reason I suggested they were CC seats is because that's the first place that I saw that style of seats, and then I saw a 2009 B6 with them and assumed they took them from the CC.

Thanks

Steve

· Registered
194 Posts
Emich VW has all of the ordering guides on their website going back to 2007 if you want to see the exact package details.

-_/

· Registered
3,731 Posts

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Emich VW has all of the ordering guides on their website going back to 2007 if you want to see the exact package details.

-_/
Those are very informative but so much better when formatted properly in list form. The list of separate options however seems to be a little thin.

I haven't located the build decal for my car yet, it may not be in the car anywhere, I won't know for a while, it's likely staying on the trailer for the rest of the winter at this point and we just got dumped on with snow now so it'll be a while I think.

I was however able to confirm that my car likely has W32 Luxury package based on what I saw briefly when I was picking it up. It also has the Dynaudio system and the Le Mans 17" wheels. If it has anything else I can't say at this point.

Anyone know if the automatic liftgate was standard equipment on 2.0t wagons in 2007?

Thanks
Steve

· Registered
194 Posts

· Registered
7,460 Posts
From the factory there was a build sticker in the owner's manual, and another copy stuck to the inside of the spare tire well.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts