VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Registered
3,731 Posts
From the factory there was a build sticker in the owner's manual, and another copy stuck to the inside of the spare tire well.
Yes, unfortunately I was frantically trying to get the car back to Iowa (from Ohio) between storms (and salty roads) so when I put it on the trailer in Ohio (utility trailer with side walls) you can't get the door open and then we disconnected battery, shut the hood and the rear gate and so the only way to get in the car will be to jack up the left side and put blocks under the tires so the door clears the side walls. Then I'll be able to release the hood, power the car and open the hatch to see if there's a decal down there in the tire well. I didn't bother to check to see if i had a manual, it was more important to get back on the road home!!

I did stop at a car wash in some town though on highway 30.Don't remember which one.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light

Looking forward to digging around on this when the weather improves. I already know I'll need to locate some parts for it.

Steve

· Registered
17,168 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a CC VR Exec in person, there aren't many of those floating around this area and the ones I do see typically are 2.0t cars.

I will have to look at that CC again, I thought the seats were the same but just in V-tex, but I didn't look at them very long.

The only reason I suggested they were CC seats is because that's the first place that I saw that style of seats, and then I saw a 2009 B6 with them and assumed they took them from the CC.

Thanks

Steve
I've never sat in them, but the B6 Passat seats looked VERY boring and looked like they had little to no bolstering:

The CC V-tex seats on the other hand, were more "sculpted" looking & bolstered:

Versus the leather B6 Sport seats which were leather & even more aggressive bolstering:

· Registered
3,731 Posts
I've never sat in them, but the B6 Passat seats looked VERY boring and looked like they had little to no bolstering:

The CC V-tex seats on the other hand, were more "sculpted" looking & bolstered:

Versus the leather B6 Sport seats which were leather & even more aggressive bolstering:
The B6 standard v-tex seats are boring...and I honestly would prefer cloth to vinyl just because it's less annoying in the summer. Unfortunately you couldn't get any cloth here in the US it seems.

I think you have to consider target audience when you look at the seating. The B6 is a large sedan / wagon for family, and so the standard seats wouldn't need to be heavily bolstered and in fact that is typically a complaint when they are. The sport seats would cover the non-family segment that would be primarily single adults or perhaps couples, but probably younger and more inclined toward seating that holds you in place, more of a driver's car etc.

While I like the B6 sport seats a lot I'm probably not going to go to the effort of hunting them down for this wagon. If they happened to show up at a upull I frequent (I've seen them there before) I might consider buying the interior if it's in good shape. At this point I just need seats to be long enough and the fronts high enough to get under my knees, which today is a hard thing to find. The Mk5/6 seats seem to be so short and without the adjustments I need to have to get support under the knees.

This is one reason I didn't just go buy a Jetta Sportwagon tdi and am instead going to build a(nother) Passat wagon TDI, the interior space in the larger wagon is worth the effort and building a TDI (right now) is less costly than actually trying to hunt down a Sportwagon (that I don't fit well in).

I'm not as tall as I used to be (shrinkage from age etc) but I still need decent seat support under my legs. If for some reason the the standard leather B6 seats prove to be disappointing I do have a set of power buckets from an Audi A6 Avant S-Line that have good forward support, and they do fit in B6 mountings.

Thanks for the pics...I didn't think there was a difference between the B6 sport and the CC sport but clearly they're are.

Steve

EDIT: Let me ask this...since it isn't denoted on the build sheet info, was there a Sport package #1? They mention W34 Sport Package #2 that gives you "everything in package #1" but they don't say if package #1 was the W31 or a different Sport Package #1?

Further....what suspension upgrades came with Sport package? Bigger sway bars, lower ride height? firmer coils?

· Registered
194 Posts
Sport suspension has 15mm drop, sport struts/shocks. I am not aware of roll bar differences.

Package 1 is not a sport package, the reason we say Sport 2 is because package 2 could be Luxury or Sport.

-_/

· Registered
7,460 Posts
Sport 1 was the interior stuff (seats, 3-spoke wheel, aluminum trim), Sport 2 added the suspension and wheel upgrades.

· Registered
194 Posts
Hmm...so I read that order sheet again for 2007 - maybe we're both half right?

2.0T Wagon Packages:
W31 Package #1 $1775
W32 Package #2 Luxury $4,400
W34 Package #2 Sport $5,450

3.6L Wagon Packages:
P3L Package #1 $3,250 (Luxury?)
P3S Package #1 Sport $4,030

My sedan is a 2.0T and has that #1 and #2 Sport package (from what I can tell the Wagon/Sedan packages are identical), but looks like the 3.6L only has a single upgrade package #1 for Lux or Sport.

P3S Package #1 Sport $4,030 (includes: leather shift
knob, leather sport seats, leather wrapped 3-spoked multi-function steering wheel
w/ Tiptronic controls, brushed aluminum trim, manual rear side shades, automatic
headlights w/ "Coming Home" feature, dual-zone Climatronic, environmental lighting
on exterior mirrors, fog lights, heated driver & passenger front seats, heated washer
nozzles, Homelink, Park Distance Control, rain sensing wipers, storage net in trunk,
switchable auto-dimming interior mirror, 12-way power driver & passenger seats w/
adjustable lumbar support & 3-position memory for driver seat & exterior mirrors,
sport suspension, 18" Samarkand alloy wheels w/ all-season tires)
-_/

· Registered
3,731 Posts

· Registered
7,460 Posts
Sport 1 & Sport 2 carried over to 2007. You couldn't order Sport 2 without Sport 1, Sport 2 included everything in Sport 1 Plus the wheel and suspension upgrades.

In 2008 all of the VR6s were equipped with Sport 2's goodies as standard. I'm not sure when the two Sport packages were offered on 2.0T cars.

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Sport 1 & Sport 2 carried over to 2007. You couldn't order Sport 2 without Sport 1, Sport 2 included everything in Sport 1 Plus the wheel and suspension upgrades.

In 2008 all of the VR6s were equipped with Sport 2's goodies as standard. I'm not sure when the two Sport packages were offered on 2.0T cars.
If anyone knows where there's a pdf copy of 2007 brochure I'd love to have one. There's a German brochure on Samba, which is cool to look at because it includes many models we didn't get, but my German is very rusty and I can only translate minimally...lol.

Steve

· Registered
7,460 Posts
At some point won't you just be able to look at the car and figure out what it has? Everything in the sport packages is easy to identify without even opening the car, with the exception of the sport springs—but if it has the 18" Samarkands and the sport seats, you've got the springs.

· Registered
194 Posts
So I found for Canada they did not have a full brochure, but just an info card showing the changes for 2007 - so it's possible US also did not have a full brochure that year. Found another article that covers '07 options including some of the base pre-package options: 2007 Volkswagen Passat Review - Autoblog

Canada 2007 Info Sheet:

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle

-_/

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Update. On an unrelated note. Front bumper has to come off! Again. Neglected to change o-ring between bumper and pump.

Sent from a telegraph

61 - 74 of 74 Posts