VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Audi TT 3.2 6MT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m new to vortex as a member but have browsed the forums for years. I live in central CT and just want to say hello and show my MK2 TT! Came fully loaded with RNS-E, Bose, and alcantara seats and door cards. I am the third owner and purchased the car from its second owner, a nice 72 year old gentleman in NH. I purchased the car in April 2019 with 69k miles completely stock and it now has 95k miles. I love driving the car on some nice windy back roads and really bought it because I wanted a MKIV R32, but couldn’t justify the insane prices when this is very similar and a significantly nicer vehicle from the factory. Also, it took first place in its class at Wolfsgart this year! Feel free to give feedback, suggestions, love, hate, etc lol. Here is a list of “mods”:

Engine/Drivetrain:
  • UM Tune
  • Test pipes w/ non-res Milltek cat-back exhaust (also have USP HFC for emissions)
  • Swoops Built hidden MAF intake
  • Swoops Built black powder coated custom beauty cover beneath intake pipe
  • MKIV R32 valve cover swap (powder coated black) with capped PCV on intake manifold and crankcase vent hardline to fit MKIV R32 engine cover performed by Swoops Built
  • Custom sound pipe delete by Swoops Built
  • Diesel geek sigma 6 short shifter
  • Spulen billet clutch bleeder block
  • USP Motorsports stainless clutch line
  • SAI delete
  • BFI Stage I motor/transmission mounts
  • Porsche oil/coolant caps
  • Osir black anodized billet water cap
  • ECS Tuning billet clear anodized dipstick
Suspension/Brakes:
  • BC Racing BR Coilovers (dampening adjustable)
  • Red powder coated Brembo 18Z front BBK and red painted stock rear calipers with stainless brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, and carbon ceramic low dust pads front and rear
Wheels/Tires:
  • 5x112-5x114.3 Project B5 stud conversion
  • 5x114.3 18x9 Kansei KNP in Hyper Silver w/ polished lip w/ red gel center caps
  • Michelin Pilot Sport
  • Black Gorilla Forged extended lugs
  • ECS spacers front and rear (forget sizes)

• Exterior:
  • TTRS Mirrors
  • TTRS Front Grille
  • Removed “3.2” emblem from trunk lid and replaced with MK3 “VR6” emblem
  • Full Ziza LED exterior lighting
  • Removed amber reflectors from stock headlight housings and resealed with morimoto buetyl glue
  • Cupra R Lip
  • Removed front bumper mud guards
Interior:
  • BFI Black Napa Leather GS2 Shift Knob w/ 6-speed shift gate pattern coin
  • Eurokustoms rear seat delete
  • BAF Motorsport red powder coated rear strut k-brace
  • Full Ziza LED interior lighting
Future Plans:
  • Xtrons car play head unit (looks identical to the RSN-E)
  • Red seat belts from Safety Restore
  • Recaro Sportster CS Seats
  • Carbon hood, front lip, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, engine cover, coolant reservoir cover, fuse box cover, beauty covers between front grille and headlights (visible with hood open)
  • Respray front bumper and front quarter panels and color match lower front bumper grilles and blend paint into sides of carbon hood
  • Upgrade sway bars and front subframe locking collar kit
  • Fluidamper and upgraded pulleys (possibly… have heard of issues with upgrading pulleys and not much benefit of fluidampr without forced induction and that the OEM one is balanced well)
  • Timing chains/guides, water pump, clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/upgraded metal throw out bearing, belt tensioner and serpentine belt
  • Cams
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2008 Audi TT 3.2 6MT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, and welcome to the club.

What was your overall impression with the Diesel Geek Sigma 6? Been looking at getting one too.
I enjoy the sigma 6 a lot. Overall it is smooth and precise; however, 1st can be a bit notchy at times, and I’ve adjusted it as much as I could.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice car man! Congrats on the win also! I’m from VT and originally from CT… bring it up to eurobilt in Rutland VT in late august each year. Wolfsgart is great too eurobilt is a bit more low key but a ton of fun.

Sold my supercharged mk4 r32 and picked up an mk2 TTRS as I wanted to move onto the 5 cylinder and absolutely love the TT platform… as an r32 owner I think you scored! These are even rarer then the r32, makes the same noises, looks better imo.

My r32 was a riot w just cams and Um tuning… the charger was awesome just adds more headache. Sounds like you are on a good path with it, enjoy! Maybe see you up north!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Audi TT 3.2 6MT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet dude thanks! That sounds sick. I'm guessing the test pipes really fine tune that wookie sound.

Found it:
Yeah I was hesitant at first to go test pipes but it really brought out the wookie haha. It’s perfect IMO on the TT. I will say the Milltek muffler is a bit raspy until the car is warmed up and driven a bit, regardless of temperature, so I’ve considered swapping it for a vibrant or stainless bros muffler in the near future. That and a few other things before I hopefully make the trip to WITW in April!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah I was hesitant at first to go test pipes but it really brought out the wookie haha. It’s perfect IMO on the TT. I will say the Milltek muffler is a bit raspy until the car is warmed up and driven a bit, regardless of temperature, so I’ve considered swapping it for a vibrant or stainless bros muffler in the near future. That and a few other things before I hopefully make the trip to WITW in April!
Nice! I've never been and want to go. It's a 12-14 hours drive from where I live (DC Metro Area)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Just saw your car last weekend in CT at the Brewery Car meet, was a big fan.
Do you have a link to the xtron radio you are referring to that you want to do? Do they make an apple car play version or only android or works for both?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I’m new to vortex as a member but have browsed the forums for years. I live in central CT and just want to say hello and show my MK2 TT! Came fully loaded with RNS-E, Bose, and alcantara seats and door cards. I am the third owner and purchased the car from its second owner, a nice 72 year old gentleman in NH. I purchased the car in April 2019 with 69k miles completely stock and it now has 95k miles. I love driving the car on some nice windy back roads and really bought it because I wanted a MKIV R32, but couldn’t justify the insane prices when this is very similar and a significantly nicer vehicle from the factory. Also, it took first place in its class at Wolfsgart this year! Feel free to give feedback, suggestions, love, hate, etc lol. Here is a list of “mods”:

Engine/Drivetrain:
  • UM Tune
  • Test pipes w/ non-res Milltek cat-back exhaust (also have USP HFC for emissions)
  • Swoops Built hidden MAF intake
  • Swoops Built black powder coated custom beauty cover beneath intake pipe
  • MKIV R32 valve cover swap (powder coated black) with capped PCV on intake manifold and crankcase vent hardline to fit MKIV R32 engine cover performed by Swoops Built
  • Custom sound pipe delete by Swoops Built
  • Diesel geek sigma 6 short shifter
  • Spulen billet clutch bleeder block
  • USP Motorsports stainless clutch line
  • SAI delete
  • BFI Stage I motor/transmission mounts
  • Porsche oil/coolant caps
  • Osir black anodized billet water cap
  • ECS Tuning billet clear anodized dipstick
Suspension/Brakes:
  • BC Racing BR Coilovers (dampening adjustable)
  • Red powder coated Brembo 18Z front BBK and red painted stock rear calipers with stainless brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, and carbon ceramic low dust pads front and rear
Wheels/Tires:
  • 5x112-5x114.3 Project B5 stud conversion
  • 5x114.3 18x9 Kansei KNP in Hyper Silver w/ polished lip w/ red gel center caps
  • Michelin Pilot Sport
  • Black Gorilla Forged extended lugs
  • ECS spacers front and rear (forget sizes)

• Exterior:
  • TTRS Mirrors
  • TTRS Front Grille
  • Removed “3.2” emblem from trunk lid and replaced with MK3 “VR6” emblem
  • Full Ziza LED exterior lighting
  • Removed amber reflectors from stock headlight housings and resealed with morimoto buetyl glue
  • Cupra R Lip
  • Removed front bumper mud guards
Interior:
  • BFI Black Napa Leather GS2 Shift Knob w/ 6-speed shift gate pattern coin
  • Eurokustoms rear seat delete
  • BAF Motorsport red powder coated rear strut k-brace
  • Full Ziza LED interior lighting
Future Plans:
  • Xtrons car play head unit (looks identical to the RSN-E)
  • Red seat belts from Safety Restore
  • Recaro Sportster CS Seats
  • Carbon hood, front lip, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, engine cover, coolant reservoir cover, fuse box cover, beauty covers between front grille and headlights (visible with hood open)
  • Respray front bumper and front quarter panels and color match lower front bumper grilles and blend paint into sides of carbon hood
  • Upgrade sway bars and front subframe locking collar kit
  • Fluidamper and upgraded pulleys (possibly… have heard of issues with upgrading pulleys and not much benefit of fluidampr without forced induction and that the OEM one is balanced well)
  • Timing chains/guides, water pump, clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/upgraded metal throw out bearing, belt tensioner and serpentine belt
  • Cams
View attachment 135906
View attachment 135911
View attachment 135910
View attachment 135909
View attachment 135908
View attachment 135907

Thanks for looking!
That’s an awesome car man!! Where did you get the grill at?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts