VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

'09 TDI with 56k, Dead

9K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  WLSchroder-GTI 
#1 ·
So driving along today. Glow Plug Light Starts flashing and car is under reduced power. Call the dealer and they say ot bring it on. Keep driving and the car just completely dies. Wont start and just keeps turning over...

Thoughts?

#8 ·
Just recieved word that VWofA has authorized 100% warranty coverage on my car in part of teh fact that I am a multiple VW owner, I am the original owner of this car, I have had all of my service done at the same dealer on all my cars and that this particular one has been maintained in 100% compliance to the manual. :)

#10 ·
Quote "However, owning multiple VWs, being the original owner, or having the car serviced at the same dealer should have absolutely zero bearing on whether the issue was covered under warranty." endQuote.

Perhaps it shouldn't have any bearing, but if your out of your original factory warranty, it absolutely does. I managed a service aisle before, and all of these things factor in the manufacturer's decision.

-Eric

#12 ·
As a TDI newbie, can someone explain to me why this fuel pump costs $10k? Does this include a new engine and trans too? Sorry, I'm sure this a stupid question but I just don't see how this happens.

Is there any special maintenance that can be done to prevent it's failure??

#24 ·
Just an update/comment on occurance levels. My service advisior told me recently that he just saw his second failure on a 2010 JSW. This time, based on my exprience and what I had shared with him, the delearship was better prepared to resolve the issue...

But I will say this, my dealer did an outstanding job taking care of me. And no, thats not a plug for VWoA. But a plug for my dealer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.