VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have a ****ting issue when it's cold. Doesn't go to 1st or 2nd. I had to wait a few minutes. LaSt wednesday, I started the work to replace the solenoids, all 9 of them and finished this morning. The job in itself isn't bad at all. Just takes a lot of time. I had to do a couple of things though while the front bumper is out, including the front metal frame. I had to replace my coolant ball and the radiator temperature switch due to overheating. I only lost around 1 quart of coolant. I changed my engine oil too.

I definitely recommend removing the battery and anything that is on the way including the bumper, metal frame. You need enough room to be able to do it right. Take it slow. I tested it this morning and all gear works. I'll find out in a day or too when it becomes very cold outside.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Tested it and it's now working. I noticed though that the atf leaks out of the vent cap. Fluid level is correct. Anyone?

I have a ****ting issue when it's cold. Doesn't go to 1st or 2nd. I had to wait a few minutes. LaSt wednesday, I started the work to replace the solenoids, all 9 of them and finished this morning. The job in itself isn't bad at all. Just takes a lot of time. I had to do a couple of things though while the front bumper is out, including the front metal frame. I had to replace my coolant ball and the radiator temperature switch due to overheating. I only lost around 1 quart of coolant. I changed my engine oil too.

I definitely recommend removing the battery and anything that is on the way including the bumper, metal frame. You need enough room to be able to do it right. Take it slow. I tested it this morning and all gear works. I'll find out in a day or too when it becomes very cold outside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solenoide and ECU Transmission

good day
I am annoying to ask if someone in the photo will have a solenoid which I occupy for 09A
which is the N283 and approving if it can be sent to Mexico since I live in this country.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vw bora 2001 tiptronic gearbox problem

Hi y have a Bora 1.9 TDI 131 Hp , automatic gearbox in 5+1 spead ,and y have some problem.
when the gearbox shift from gear 2-3 it have 2 shifts and one is hard and depends of throttle position and the "secound" shift is normal but the first it feels very hard sometimes.
And the secound problem is when y stop the car the clurch have a havy reles . when y try to stop the car the clurch opposes resistance.
Can someone help me with some advice? what to change or tot do.
And have the hard shift only in 2-3 and sometimes in 1-2 it feels diferent

P.S. on vag com doesn't apear any error

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 02 Jetta 1.8t the vehicle has no reverse I bought it because I have a donor car that I pulled the motor and trans out of and was going to do a full swap, these are the details I have about the new car. Transmission fluid was changed and after wards had no reverse. I have forward gears and seems to work fine minus having no reverse. Is it something you think you can fix with a tranny fluid and solinoid change? Or should I pull the motor and trans out of donor car to swap into new one?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just purchased a 02 Jetta 1.8t the vehicle has no reverse I bought it because I have a donor car that I pulled the motor and trans out of and was going to do a full swap, these are the details I have about the new car. Transmission fluid was changed and after wards had no reverse. I have forward gears and seems to work fine minus having no reverse. Is it something you think you can fix with a tranny fluid and solinoid change? Or should I pull the motor and trans out of donor car to swap into new one?
I had the same exact issue google COBRA TRANSMISSIONS and buy their solenoid sets(the whole set) also change you’re fluid I used Febi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have a 2002 Jetta 2002 with a Tiptronic tranny. The transmission shift ok but I lost reverse. When I select reverse, seems like it's engaging. On a leveled surface, it will slightly move but if I press on the gas pedal it just rev and does not accelerate... Feels like the brake band is not fully engage. Could it be a solenoid problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey all,

im trying to troubleshoot the solenoids on my transmission and im getting something weird

when i check the resistance at the plug boht N89 an N283 are out of limits. But when i check directly from them to pin 18 i get the proper numbers.

Am I doing something dumb or just missing something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.
I have Passat 2003 1,8T 170HP
I just have open up Gearbox at service place because my car have kickdown problem from 5>4 gear
They have changed N91 solenoid, oil,
All part what have to be changed.
But still have the problems
Can anybody help me out please?
Thanks.
Omar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.
I have Passat 2003 1,8T 170HP
I just have open up Gearbox at service place because my car have kickdown problem from 5>4 gear
They have changed N91 solenoid, oil,
All part what have to be changed.
But still have the problems
Can anybody help me out please?
Thanks.
Omar.

Here you can see what I have changed

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f264fd2hyRo57e446

161 - 173 of 173 Posts