VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi every one,

I have a Passat CC 2010 model, the engine is 20TSI and the transmission is 09G I changed the transmission 5 times due to malfunctions in the transmission, as it is rumored that their maintenance is unsuccessful! Is there a way to maintain it, even though I am driving at low speeds and not driving violently!

Please your advise is highly appreciated

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Just follow recommended maintenance for the transmission. Simply look into the user manual. I dont know what it is from top of my head. If it say "filled for life" then pick some interval like 50k miles an follow it. Use proper genuine oil or high quality spec oil recommended by manufacture.

Although if you changed this transmission 5 times already, I dont think that maintenance is the root of your problem. You are either buying abused transmission from junk yard, improper installation or something along that line. I dont believe you had "bad luck" for 5 times.

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Although if you changed this transmission 5 times already, I dont think that maintenance is the root of your problem. You are either buying abused transmission from junk yard, improper installation or something along that line. I dont believe you had "bad luck" for 5 times.
Agreed! Or someone is not resetting TCU adaptation when changing which can screw up a trans in short order.

Either that or Trans cooler, lines or TC have metal in it. Something, does not sound right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts