VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from picking up my R32 in Atlanta(i live in Boulder, CO). I took a road trip with my girlfriend up the east coast and then through Ontario, down through Michigain and then 80 to Colorado. I have some interesting stories from this trip.
First I avaraged one complement a day on the car, which was really cool.
Second, I had someone in a Silver GTI R lookalike give me a thumbs up in Charleston, SC. It looked so much like an R that I didn't know it wasn't until my girlfriend pointed out the GTI badge.
I stopped at EIP tuning in Maryland and had a transmount installed, which, for the money, is worth it. While I was there I was talking to Bobby about the turbo charged R and that it wasn't in the shop. I was a little disapointed as part of the reason for my visit was to see this thing. As I am pulling out of the parking lot while leaving, a catch a glimpse of another R comming into the lot. I just kept driving thinking nothing of it until it came up along side me. I waved since it was the only other R i had seen on the road at that point. Then he accelerated, and holy turbo batman. At 40 this thing accelerated away from me like I was stopped. The driver then waved me into a BP station and introduced himself as Rich. He opened the hood and I took a look at the VERY clean install of the kit. I could not get over the ammount of power this thing had though. If your interested in forced induction CHECK EIP's KIT OUT!
Later in the trip I was in Massachutesets and this guy on a chopper gave me the finger for no reason. He then proceeded to come up along side the car and start yelling(i couldn't understand him over the R's exhaust). I then downshifted and gunned it to about 120 before he backed off and then started following me on some roads. He eventually lost interest and peeled off though. Needless to say, that was interesting. Later that day I saw a Tornado Red R on the mass pike and waved. That was the first time I had seen that color and I liked it alot.
The next story is truly more interesting. I was on 90 in upstate New York at about 5pm driving at about 80 along side an A6. There was an older couple in the A6 about mid to late fifities. I caught him checking the car out, but I though nothing of it. Then as we come up to a slow moving semi-truck, he floors it to get in front of me to pass it. I thought nothing of it until the next truck. At this point he is behind me and relatively on my tail, so I accelerate and he stays with me. He starts getting closer and closer until I realize he is trying to draft me!? So I pull into the lane next to him and floor it to get away and he accelerates with me. I then downshift and floor it and before you know it we are going arround a long turn at about 125. He then backs off the throttle and I do as well. He comes up along side me and his wife gives me a thumbs up. I think he just wanted to see what it had, but it was fun nonetheless.
The last thing I experienced was Canadian 94 octane, which the car likes ALOT. Try it if you get the chance.
Bryan

·
Registered
504 Posts
Re: 1 1/2 Weeks and 3800 miles later (boulderx)

Wow, that was one hell of a break-in ride! Congrats, though!
What dealer in Atlanta did you get yours from?
Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts