VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of 1/4 mile times I could expect from my 2000 Jetta VR6. I have read of 02 1.8ts breaking into the 14s and they only have 6 hp more than I do. But judging from that would just be guess work.
I know a lot of you will say go to the track and find out. But I don't want to race my car. I would like an idea of who I could beat, at the track of course.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (More Power)

Depends on how well you can launch your car at the track. Probably somewhere around 15.8 is a good estimate, assuming a fairly decent launch.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (95' GLX VR6)

these 1.8T's are not stock. There is no way in hell they do 14's STOCK. Most 1.8T guys have their own definition of stock. Stock meaning "Just a I/C/E", ya know "stock".

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (ReiHenMotorVR6)

It wasn't stock, but on stock tires, with coilovers, motor mounts, and an intake, pulleys, and a turbo inlet pipe as the only engine mods, I ran a 14.5. The VR should be good for a mid 15 if bone stock. Add some good rubber, and a good driver could probably squeak it into the 14's.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (VDUBNDizzy)

ive seen the 180 hp 1.8t's ( GTI) do 14s stock. def possible. just have to do it right.
even more crazy....theres someone on here that did a frickin 14.1 with just a CAI on their 02 1.8t GTI. Sounds sketchy..and maybe he was saying his car was in the other lane or sumthing...but he did show the slip. pretty nasty

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (ReiHenMotorVR6)

Quote, originally posted by ReiHenMotorVR6 »
these 1.8T's are not stock. There is no way in hell they do 14's STOCK. Most 1.8T guys have their own definition of stock. Stock meaning "Just a I/C/E", ya know "stock".

You are a moron. 1.8T's with good drivers can run 14's BONE STOCK. My buddy ran 14.68 @ 95.1 in a stock 1.8T that was not even his. The owner was running 15.4 all night. A good driver makes all the difference in the world. Dont say they cant go 14's, I have seen it myself...

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (VTECKILA)

With just a chip, K&N drop in, and lightweight flywheel i ran a [email protected] at orlando speedworld with some crappy all weather tires.
I have some better tires now but it's summer and it's been raining. Weather plays a big role. I went to the track this summer and couldn't get better than a [email protected] or something. 60' were in the 2.3s and such.
something like that. I should be able to get my 60' down to 2.1 or so. But yeah. mid 15s are easy, granted I have a MK3. yours is a MK4 hog.
Oh yeah. I also ran without passengre side seat, rear seats, spare wheel.
hehe. Now that I have better tires and some springs I am hoping for 14.8 or 14.7... that is... once it cools down and isn't so humid. stupid florida.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times for VR6 (More Power)

Quote, originally posted by More Power »
I was wondering what kind of 1/4 mile times I could expect from my 2000 Jetta VR6. I have read of 02 1.8ts breaking into the 14s and they only have 6 hp more than I do. But judging from that would just be guess work.
I know a lot of you will say go to the track and find out. But I don't want to race my car. I would like an idea of who I could beat, at the track of course.

here are some times.....

http://www.dragtimes.com/Volks....html

Fikse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts