VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some of your guys 1/4 mile times you are pulling and what motors and specs are you running? i am selling my mkIV and picking up my new mkI GTI friday and will be building a street/strip terror
tia guys!
skizzy

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times (BigSkizzy.)

ya need to talk to the Dubsquad guys in Eugene... couple of them running 11s and 12s and a kickarse hillclimb rabbit... the 12s being a street driven G60 rabbit

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
~19.8 ......in the 1/8th
1.6l 3spd Auto on alcohol..
minus the alcohol..
so basically ignore this post..
i know a couple guys runnin high 14's/low 15's with 2L 16v in rabbits..

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Re: (vokeswaagin)

my best to date is 16.22 with only headers and stripped interior.
but now i've got full 2" system and cam gear im hopping for high mid 15's, with semi slick tyres too.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times (The Nothing)

Quote, originally posted by The Nothing »
ya need to talk to the Dubsquad guys in Eugene... couple of them running 11s and 12s and a kickarse hillclimb rabbit... the 12s being a street driven G60 rabbit

damn, who???

·
Registered
624 Posts
high 11's low 12's on slicks; junkyard trubo set up = 300z turbo, starion intercooler, stock bottom end, cam p&p. Find a close cheap junkyard for trannies and axels though

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Re: (Junkyardrabbit)

[email protected] is the personal best out of my ABA/JH motor, 280 Schrick, brospeed header, etc. I've seen 13.8 out ofa 2.0 16v with 276 cams in a 78 rabbit, dunno what else was done to that one.....
Sailor (vw16vcabby)is running high 12s in his 300hp turbo 16v cabby...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Re: (CaStr0ne)

My best et to date is [email protected] 77 Bunny, 2.0l 8V and a small bit of nitrous oxide, daily driver.
Hopefully the quaife that sits in my garage will get installed one of these days and this thing will be a 13 second car.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Re: (CaStr0ne)

Quote, originally posted by CaStr0ne »
60ft - 2.234
1/8 - 9.293
1/4 - 14.493
MPH - 94.715
On fully inflated street tires with a 2l 8v with weber carbs, headers, stripped interior. The head/block is stock for now.

Here's the whip

those numbers are great. very impressive, i could only hope for that from my ride...i just got it and havnt had a license since..:
ive a similar setup im runnig a digi 10.5:1 bottom end, solid lifter port and polished head, big valves, g-grind cam, 45mm webbers, cam gear etc...i get my license back tommorow, hopefully will get some track time in this weekend. one of the carbs isnt pulling as hard as it should, but i will post numbers up as soon as i have em

Modified by GTIStile at 9:43 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times (Legacy)

Quote, originally posted by Legacy »

damn, who???

Ty at Darkside Window Tinting has a prepped G60 Scirocco... think last i heard it ran 11.9
another guy, Brad, drives a G60 Rabbit at the track and autocross. tears things up and runs low 13s high 12s if i remember correctly
Tim (2l bunny) has a 2 litter bunny that was down for the last year. hillclimbing machine with ITBs
watched another guy coast across the line at 16 sec. with a rabbit that died half way down the track
theres a few others as well that are just more or less insane... any car with a DCI/Dubsquad sticker will do ya in

Modified by The Nothing at 10:37 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times (BigSkizzy.)

[email protected] mph.... custom cat back 2.25" exhaust, cat has nothing in it (everything fell apart in it and shot out of the exhaust), APEXi N1 muffler (R!CE, i know.... it was free) no spare, back seat, or passenger seat. now have a high flow filter and drilled box, hoping for 16.7's @83-85. will be running on friday, let you all know how it does. gonna try to pull more weight out of it and get it down to around 1800 lbs. w/o me in it. nice times by all though...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
read my sig for the specs, car ran a best of 14 flat before I crashed it. Thats without a LSD by the way. Soon to rise for the ashes in the shape of my 1983 GT.

Modified by chopWet at 9:00 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: 1/4 mile times (The Nothing)

Quote, originally posted by The Nothing »
Ty at Darkside Window Tinting has a prepped G60 Scirocco... think last i heard it ran 11.9
another guy, Brad, drives a G60 Rabbit at the track and autocross. tears things up and runs low 13s high 12s if i remember correctly
Tim (2l bunny) has a 2 litter bunny that was down for the last year. hillclimbing machine with ITBs
watched another guy coast across the line at 16 sec. with a rabbit that died half way down the track
theres a few others as well that are just more or less insane... any car with a DCI/Dubsquad sticker will do ya in

Modified by The Nothing at 10:37 AM 5-19-2004

brad works at Spfd. German Auto right? if so i bought my caddy from him, i knew he had a G60 rabbit but i didn't know it was that fast.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Re: (Junkyardrabbit)

Quote, originally posted by Junkyardrabbit »
high 11's low 12's on slicks; junkyard trubo set up = 300z turbo, starion intercooler, stock bottom end, cam p&p. Find a close cheap junkyard for trannies and axels though

i think its autozone that warrantees axles for free.. buy em once and have replacement ones for a lifetime

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Re: (need_a_VR6)

wow nice to see some attainable average joe times ppl............hehehhe
makes me feel better my car is aorund this speed....... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
good stuff.....
dub devotion my dub brothers!!!.......
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Re: (Man&Golf)

Don't know the quarter time but Deathhare did high 8s at 91mph in the 1/8th his first time out running only 6 psi (73mm Lysholm pulley) with my kit...no lsd...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts