VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.5FI /1.6 intake manifold/plenum vs. 1.8 intake manifold plenum...looking for comparison/pics

Hey guys...working on something I am thinking about for the GTD for the winter here, and was wondering if anyone had an old 1.5 or 1.6 intake manifold that they could set next to a 1.8 intake and snap a few pics...i'm interested in plenum size, and runner size between the two...If you think you can help, that would be great. I'm thinking though if I remember correctly, the 1.5 and 1.6's had smaller plenums and runner designs that the 1.8 units do. Or so i hope...and if so, i may be lookin for one...
Anys pics you could snap would be great...or just knowledge on general intake size between them as well...
Joe
[email protected]
81 Rabbit GTD

[Modified by RabbitGTDguy, 9:49 AM 1-26-2003]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Re: 1.6 FI /1.7 intake manifold/plenum vs. 1.8 intake manifold plenum...look ... (RabbitGTDguy)

Joe,
The hot intake mani for the gassers is the Fox/Audi 4000 intake mani's. They are rumored to have slightly larger volume runners and plenum, and perhaps they're a bit longer as well. It's ready for the larger A2 tb as well. They're very very inexpensive at the yards, too.
These are the reasons the gas crowd likes them. Now sure if that helps but I wanted to make sure you were aware of all the im options for optimal tweaking....

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 1.5 FI /1.6 intake manifold/plenum vs. 1.8 intake manifold plenum...look ... (Andrew Stauffer)

Andrew...
Hey, thanks for the info, actually, I am doing similar to my turbo cabby project, but my asking about the earlier FI intake manifolds is for a different reason and something more related to my GTD Rabbit, non-gasser. I am interested in th plenum and runner sizes on the 1.5 , 1.6, and 1.7 FI engines, vs. that of the 1.8, etc. In this case, what I am looking for needs to be a SMALLER plenum, i was hoping maybe someone had a 1.5 or 1.6 intake manifold laying around that they might be able to snap a pic of in comparison to the 1.8 manifold....or, just describe the difference between the two plenums...basically, is the 1.5/1.6 FI intake manifiold have a smaller plenum, than the 1.8, etc. Also, if anyone has a 1.5 or 1.6 FI intake manifold, I may be interested in buying it

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Re: 1.5 FI /1.6 intake manifold/plenum vs. 1.8 intake manifold plenum...look ... (RabbitGTDguy)

1.5's have the same manifold too.
later,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.